Author Topic: Inventory alert level, pre-assign solider position in aircraft, mission types  (Read 7782 times)

Offline hsbckb

• Colonel
  • Gill Man
    • View Profile
Hi,

Here are my suggestions:

1) can set up inventory alert level for base management or even order items such as clips when the quantity of the item below alarm level
2) can pre-assign the position of my solider in the Interceptor. I do not want my commander to be the first person coming out of the plane :)
3) aliens have the ability to pick up and equip weapon or item in battle.
4) more mission types or special events (e.g. protect Area 51, mission to save  Chief scientist, etc). these special events may be unlocked under some conditions e.g.happen in a particular day, after destroying the first alien base, etc.)

Thanks all. I hope this game can be ported to Android in the future. Thanks you.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 03:23:12 pm by hsbckb »

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: My suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 07:19:35 pm »
Hi,

Here are my suggestions:

1) can set up inventory alert level for base management or even order items such as clips when the quantity of the item below alarm level
2) can pre-assign the position of my solider in the Interceptor. I do not want my commander to be the first person coming out of the plane :)
3) aliens have the ability to pick up and equip weapon or item in battle.
4) more mission types or special events (e.g. protect Area 51, mission to save  Chief scientist, etc). these special events may be unlocked under some conditions e.g.happen in a particular day, after destroying the first alien base, etc.)

Thanks all. I hope this game can be ported to Android in the future. Thanks you.
Thanks for the feedback. Your suggestions sound reasonable (1 and 2 would be pretty easy to implement), although stuff like special mission types would probably take some extra work.

OpenXcom is designed to be as platform-independent as possible since it makes for cleaner coding, so anyone should be able to pick it up and port it if they wish. Probably not me though, I got my hands full as it is. ;)