Author Topic: Reaction triggers - not like in the vanilla  (Read 3609 times)

Offline Dercik

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Reaction triggers - not like in the vanilla
« on: July 13, 2013, 10:12:43 pm »
Since this is my first post on this forum, i say hello to everyone  ;D

Ok introduction is behind me.

I used to play UFO defense a lot in my past. My recent one (before discovering OpenXcom) was UFO Extender edition.

After I played OpenXCom on superhuman diificulty, I have strange feeling, that game is easier and mine casualties in battlescape are lesser when played on vanilla.

I think it might be due to fact, that aliens seems to be having reaction fire only triggered by movement, not by soldier firing or turning (or at least not as often i am used to).
Aliens seems not to even "turning" into direction where my shots come from- only when i hit them they firing back.

I don't know if you aware of this but are the reaction triggers planned to be fixed in future?

Perhaps some of the features might from UFO extender regarding additional reaction triggers.
I like when game is challenging and brutal. This is what makes UFO Defense great.
When you sent 14 redshir... ehhh... i mean soldiers in skyranger and only 3 come back. This quasi-Darwin"natural" selection ;D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 10:54:21 pm by Dercik »

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Reaction triggers - not like in the vanilla
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 02:22:59 am »
get the nightly build. reaction fire has been completely rewritten since 0.9

Offline Dercik

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Reaction triggers - not like in the vanilla
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 03:21:46 am »
Ok I checked it out.
I figured out that X-com "turning" trigger wasn't in vanilla, but in UFO Extender.

However is there a chance that this would be also implented?