Author Topic: 2 ideas for an even better game  (Read 4016 times)

Offline hellblade

• Captain
    • View Profile
2 ideas for an even better game
« on: January 20, 2011, 07:49:46 pm »
Only suggesting these 2 ideas cause they should be ok-easy to implement

1) Transport crafts should stay at their geoscape position after missions - ACCORDING TO HOW LONG THE MISSION TOOK
This would make missions (a little) more exciting knowing that time actually matters.

2) Crafts should go to another mission without returning to base first.
How stamina and critical wounds affect your starting stats are up for debate...

I know purists may not like it, BUT these ideas still rings true to the original game and improve it further.
Actually i got this idea from UFO-TTS (changing battlescape lighting to simulate sun-rise sun-set)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 08:00:12 pm by hellblade »

Volutar

Re: 2 ideas for an even better game
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 09:09:30 pm »
with 1) you should also make time passed in battlescape, so if you started at early evening and every turn takes for example 30 seconds, after 60 turns (alien+yours) it will be at hour later, and more dark (reinit lighting values according new time)... Like in TTS as you mentioned. It should be easy to implement, but making assault crafts "glued" to battle position after ground combat will motivate players to kill all emenies as fast as possible... is it good?
BTW I just got an idea how it can be used in a good way. If player reloads battlescape game after "unsuccessful move" he will receive a "time penalty" (time will be increased with each reload), it will stimulate ppl to not to reload game too often - otherwise they will be glued to battle position too much longer...

suggestion 2) looks quite logic, and if I remember myself there was such situations when was 2 UFOs landed far from your base, and you just couldn't complete them all because you have to wait until your craft go back to your base, rearm and refuel and then going to second mission. And sometimes that was very upsetting. So I agreed with it without any question.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 09:18:50 pm by Volutar »

Offline hellblade

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 2 ideas for an even better game
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 07:10:34 am »
I believe changing battlescape lighting is a lot of work to implement program-wise (though I'm not sure).  Which is why I don't really mind if it's not implemented (no matter how much I want it).

Re:Volutar
Motivating people to finish missions fast IS the whole point of the idea!  You can drag-your-heels if you have time.  But if there is a landed ufo and a terror mission waiting, then YES you should hurry up.  Spending 99 turns in battlescape should have its consequences in geoscape.
Sun Tzu: The Art of War "Military values speed"
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 08:46:26 am by hellblade »