aliens

Author Topic: New AI feedback  (Read 16076 times)

Offline CoolKid

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: New AI feedback
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2013, 10:06:41 am »
I found Funny thing about reaction fire.

When my guy opened a door of small ufo i spoted 1 muton (He's facing Up and didn't see me) my TU are 11 left i move to the side of the door. Then my second guy tried to kill that muton when im reached the door something firing from across that muton. It's another muton Killing his own friend (the muton in front of me) :o but hes sight are completely blocked by his friend. How he can see me? and how he can reaction fire at me? Thankfully this never happen to my guy :).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 11:42:23 am by CoolKid »

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2013, 11:20:03 am »
funnily enough, nothing has changed in the AI between 11-24 and 11-29, i was busy refactoring throw code and battling the flu, and was going to get started on some AI enhancements this weekend.

Offline CoolKid

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2013, 11:46:42 am »
Oh, maybe im just didnt encounter "that" again yet. I will look for it to make sure if "that" still there or not. And good luck for improving AI this week and hopefully it would be perfect this time ;).

Offline Tyrannosaur

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2013, 12:16:35 am »

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2013, 05:54:30 am »

Offline CoolKid

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2013, 07:03:31 pm »
Again about AI problem.
I experienced the alien who has blaster launcher Blow themself up. This make nearby aliens are also DEAD :o. This happen often when im attacking alien base. Please fix this.

EDIT: It seems happen when aliens tried to guide the missile through the grav lift. Im not entirely sure though.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 07:31:57 pm by CoolKid »

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2013, 05:02:08 pm »
About the recent changes where aliens try avoid places where grenades land, for one turn (https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/commit/d3c38d7629e547219e4812ae294d685676ca4d23) :

I'm not sure how necessary it is... We want aliens to fall for proximity mines, and both player and AI use explosives with timer 0 normally.

At the moment it seems to ignore whether the grenade is live (activated) or not. It *is* realistic, but I'm afraid it can be abused by throwing un-primed grenades through a building's window every turn, until all aliens are flushed out. Compared to using incendiary ammo, it costs nothing, is much more controllable and eliminates the risk of destroying precious alien artifacts.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2013, 06:23:50 pm »
About the recent changes where aliens try avoid places where grenades land, for one turn (https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/commit/d3c38d7629e547219e4812ae294d685676ca4d23) :

I'm not sure how necessary it is... We want aliens to fall for proximity mines, and both player and AI use explosives with timer 0 normally.

At the moment it seems to ignore whether the grenade is live (activated) or not. It *is* realistic, but I'm afraid it can be abused by throwing un-primed grenades through a building's window every turn, until all aliens are flushed out. Compared to using incendiary ammo, it costs nothing, is much more controllable and eliminates the risk of destroying precious alien artifacts.

not sure where you get that impression, did you even look at the code? or try it?

the trigger that sets the tiles as "dangerous" is an alien controlled by the AI throwing a grenade (assuming instant grenades are disabled). since aliens ONLY prime for 0, there's no need to be aware of them any longer than one turn. there's no consideration taken into account regarding proximity grenades, nor grenades thrown by xcom units.

Code: [Select]

if (_unit->getFaction() != FACTION_PLAYER && _projectileItem->getRules()->getBattleType() == BT_GRENADE)

it's literally the first line of code in the commit.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 06:32:24 pm by Warboy1982 »

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2013, 07:12:15 pm »
Ooh sorry, I misunderstood that. I had only looked at the commit changes, and somehow missed that in this place the unit is the thrower. :-X

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2013, 12:19:06 pm »
During a Terror Ship assault, an undiscovered sectoid went berserk in the engine room and immediately blew up 3 of the 4 power sources !  :o This is such a great game  ;D

Offline Jo5hua

• Captain
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2014, 05:22:40 am »
During a Terror Ship assault, an undiscovered sectoid went berserk in the engine room and immediately blew up 3 of the 4 power sources !  :o This is such a great game  ;D

I'm sorry but this behavior is just rage inducing. My last game I was raiding a battleship on superhuman. I was proceeding with my storm inside the battleship and clearing the top decks where command hides, as I like to make things easier on my end without leaders and commanders barking up orders to the rest of the crew.

Next thing I know? Two mutons and an engineer panic and start firing shots two of the engine rooms. I frantically send troops to both locations as in my mind I see blaster bombs destroying all that valuable Elerium. As I get closer what do they do? The two mutons blaster bomb the engine room blowing holes in the walls!!! Why! All that Elerium, gone... They nuked both reactors in the same turn before I was able to secure the goods. What a sad day it was, since I believe this behavior deliberate.

Terrible.