aliens

Author Topic: Steam led me here  (Read 4021 times)

Offline Man in the Funny Hat

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Steam led me here
« on: July 08, 2013, 05:26:55 am »
Looked at Steam for the first time in months.  Thought I might try a game of the old Xcom and saw the linked article.  Read it and soon after DL 0.9 to give it a spin.  LOVIN' IT.  No hints of issues... except, just hit my first terror mission and there are no civilians?

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Steam led me here
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 08:29:02 am »
Didn't have that issue myself but my guys are getting killed left and right once they run out of the skyranger.  Not an issue with smoke grenades.  And hey, its occupational hazard.

I do have a problem with the AI when I go up a very large ufo, it seems if they're surrounded by 2-3 humans they don't know what to do, and I don't think it was because they panicked and dropped their weapon.

Offline wsmithjr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 08:34:45 am »
Looked at Steam for the first time in months.  Thought I might try a game of the old Xcom and saw the linked article.  Read it and soon after DL 0.9 to give it a spin.  LOVIN' IT.  No hints of issues... except, just hit my first terror mission and there are no civilians?

Yeah, my last terror mission only had a single civilian.

Also, didn't have any Psi attacks against my soldiers in both the Sectoid terror mission and also a Sectoid Harvester assault.

Offline Align

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 01:44:45 pm »
I've also had missions with few or no civilians, but on checking ufopedia it says terror missions have 0-16 civvies, so I guess the randomizer was just biased towards the middle in vanilla? Or completely broken, like the difficulty setting.

Offline kharille

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 03:35:10 pm »
I had a terror mission with about 8.  I didn't see a problem.  Will be fun to mind control them....