Author Topic: So its been a while  (Read 3794 times)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
So its been a while
« on: June 30, 2013, 03:33:32 am »
So its been a while since i have played OXC or even vanilla X-com via dosbox so i have a few questions for the experts.

1) in Original game, was it possible to land on water in the polar region, i had a unit with a flying suit panic and that is where he ended up
2) Did chrysalids throw grenades in original, honestly i think its a nice touch, i just done remember it
3) the Secopod sound effect when walking sound like a cow stomping around , is that the correct sound effect , i would of expected something more robotic.

Also , i dont seam to be able to select MIX CREW tab in the instant battle option without the aid of the RANDOM BATTLE option, is it just me.

Also Mixed Battles are fantastic  ;D

If someone can tell me what are Bugs, i will report them 8)

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: So its been a while
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 03:46:22 am »
make sure all your files are up to date from the nightly builds, i recently added a "living weapon" field in the ruleset for chryssalids and such, and mixed race should be easily selectable from the menu.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 07:51:04 am »
On the note of chryssalids throwing grenades: that was probably a soldier-turned-chryssalid, right? What happens to the inventory of the unfortunate soldier?
Does stuff from the backpack disappear on zombification?
Or does the zombie keep all the stuff, but it drops to the ground when the chryssalid hatches? Because that sounds like the correct way to me.

Of course that could open the door for exploits like auto-killing new chryssalids by equipping all soldiers with zero-turn-activated grenades, but since that has its own risks, I would accept that as a battlefield tactical decision.

Maybe we could also create a "mangled corpse" or "pile of bloody bits and alien goo" item that is left on the ground where a chryssalid has hatched? I'm thinking of something that would be instantly recognizable, like the empty facehugger eggs from "Alien" - something that you can walk into a room full of it and instantly know you are doomed.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 10:11:02 am »
as soon as the victim becomes a zombie, his inventory drops to the ground.
chryssalids with grenades will be due to using mixed race without the latest updates.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 11:08:01 am »
Just for future reference, i assume it wont be hard for Zombies to keep there weapons once i do the required graphics ?