aliens

Author Topic: *gasp* It's so beautiful!  (Read 25217 times)

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: *gasp* It's so beautiful!
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2013, 11:44:20 am »
Yes you are. You kept killing all my soldiers before I even found your UFOs you fuker!

Weren't you the one who killed a whole destroyer of mine full of Snakemen and two Chrysalids with almost no loses?
And made a Cyberdisc in one hangar kill another Cyberdisc in reaction fire, clear across in the other hangar?

Offline darkestaxe

• Colonel
  • Emissary of the Brain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2013, 09:52:01 am »
Weren't you the one who killed a whole destroyer of mine full of Snakemen and two Chrysalids with almost no loses?
And made a Cyberdisc in one hangar kill another Cyberdisc in reaction fire, clear across in the other hangar?

You attacked my base with a destroyer before I had reaserched plasma. I had like 40+ soldiers in that base and you killed almost all of them with 2 cyberdisks. (I killed the sectiods in the first turn, cause they were just standing there in the middle of the hanger.)

Cyberdisks took neglible damage from sniper rifles. I had a couple rocket launchers w/large rockets but the guys who were carrying them kept getting killed before they got a chance.

In the end I had 2 soldiers left and they were panicking most turns. I had a single laser sniper rifle and one large rocket left. I had yet to kill one cyberdisc let alone 2.

I gave up and decided to go down fighting, but when my dude stepped out of his hiding place, the wrong cyberdisc reacted, killing the cyberdisc that was right in front of me. The explosion killed my guy but it ended the other cyberdisc too.

Oh ya, the first cyberdisc that died was killed by plasma from the other hanger. That was completely epic! I step out to see if it's clear and, of course, I get shot at. The plasma misses and goes into the other hanger and **BOOM**, hanger_2 is full of free sectiod corpses!

As far as the snakemen I don't remember that, but if you expected 2 chrysalids in the middle of a hanger surrounded by 36 soldiers with laser snipers to survive my first turn, then yes you would have been disappointed. That's what battleships, muton's, and ethereals are for.

Offline Danny

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2013, 12:00:40 pm »
That's what battleships, muton's, and ethereals are for.

But that's boring...
Never used Ethereals, or needed to use them either... XD
Well one when defending my alien base, together with a Sectopod...
He happened to spawn with a Blaster launcher, though mostly used his mindcontrol. ^^

Only ever had 2 blaster launchers too, the other one was carried by a Muton in the same base defence... XD

My strongest Xcom base attack was with, I believe two Muton terrorships... :\
But no Heavy Plasma's or Blaster launchers, Xcom had a bunch of power armours...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 12:03:25 pm by Danny »

Offline Juju Dredd

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My gamer website (french)
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2013, 04:01:58 pm »
I think beautiful is a far too weak adjective to qualify the work of this team...

OpenXcom is pure transcendent beauty, no less!