Author Topic: MAPVIEW upgrade  (Read 47128 times)

Offline Keth01

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: MAPVIEW upgrade
« Reply #225 on: April 14, 2018, 08:54:53 am »

Okay, I've got it starting again, which is progress. But none of the 'right click' functions (such as viewing/editing tilesets or starting a new map) are working, nor am I able to change level in the main window unless I close the tile view and top view.

I'm only mentioning this on the off chance that these particular errors shed some light on the problem?

Offline kevL

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 14, 2018, 09:02:26 pm »
not to me unfortunately :|

But none of the 'right click' functions (such as viewing/editing tilesets or starting a new map) are working, nor am I able to change level in the main window unless I close the tile view and top view.

That sounds like a problem that was/is happening on circa post-Win7 machines. MainView would refuse to take focus if any of the other viewers were open. So i put in an option under MainView->Edit->Options->AllowBringToFront

it should default to FALSE - which is a 'safe' setting. Ie, a user would have to change it to TRUE to allow the bring-to-front behavior, when MainView is clicked to take focus (but TRUE is the setting that could also enable the bug.)

So, and this might be a longshot, since MainView (specifically the view-panel) needs focus for the mousewheel to scroll through levels ... and probably for a right-click on the MapTree to work also ... have a look at MainView->Edit->Options and check the "AllowBringToFront" setting. suggested: FALSE
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 09:04:27 pm by kevL »

Offline Keth01

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 20, 2018, 01:45:29 am »

For some reason it's not showing 'AllowBringToFront' as an option on the screen you suggested...

Offline kevL

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 20, 2018, 01:29:09 pm »
from here?

https://github.com/kevL/OpenXCOM.Tools/tree/master/Distribution

I just downloaded those files and ran MapView.exe in a clean dir, and after the installation dialog this appears under MainView|Edit|Options

Offline Keth01

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 20, 2018, 03:10:44 pm »

I was sure I was, but purging and installing off your link instead of mine has fixed literally everything. Clearly I goofed. Thanks so much for your help!

Offline kevL

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 20, 2018, 09:25:58 pm »
coolio,

May your maps be robust (so to say)

Offline FeruEnzeru

• Captain
  • R.I.P OXCE+ (January 2017 - September 2018) :"(
    • View Profile
Re: MAPVIEW upgrade [ISSUE DETECTED ON MAPVIEW/MVII!]
« Reply #231 on: August 28, 2018, 11:54:08 am »
Hi, kevL of MapView II.  :D

I'm sorry for coming by since you haven't tested MVII on TFTD maps, i have encountered an issue with some routes of any TFTD maps (ones i know of is GRUNGE12 and UFO07) while i was middle of doing little weakspot finding on nodes and links so that i can learn map nodes from vanilla maps of UFO and TFTD. :(

Here's an image (using GRUNGE12 for checking out the routes of it, and here's this):

I'm kinda not happy about this, but this is starting to tick me off on this sh*t. I think there's no way to fix this bug or issue with routes of any vanilla or custom made UFO or TFTD map that has any broken and bugged nodes (i know some nodes on any vanilla TFTD maps have missing nodes that were out of bounds of the map size which i could not find while finding map nodes and doing map node weakspots). ???

Why? Because all i want to do on MVII is remake my old maps from Jan. to April (UFOs, buildings, orbital space platforms, walkers, etc) after i'm done with learning the map nodes with vanilla maps by weakspotting and sorting them along with learning how to start de-linking them.

plz lmk about all this crap so i can figure out the goddamn issue with MVII. If so, i'll damned if i want to depending on this issue.

Thank you for reading my issue, kevL of MVII. ~J-Kun FeruEnzeru  ;)

EDIT:
Found another TFTD map today! It's ALSHIP05 having broken and bugged nodes just like the two i found (Nodes 0, 1 and 2 are broken on my ends).
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 12:46:34 am by FeruEnzeru »

Offline kevL

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 29, 2018, 02:13:54 am »
looking ...

I hope it's something "obvious" in the code ...

edit: as a (hopefully temporary) workaround, try turning off the InfoOverlay
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 02:32:55 am by kevL »

Offline FeruEnzeru

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 29, 2018, 02:15:37 am »
I hope it's something "obvious" in the code ...
Yeah, i think it's because there are some or a lot of bugs for viewing and checking TFTD maps and routes on MVII.

It kinda sucks when it shows an error while clicking or hovering over the map nodes of TFTD maps. :-\

EDIT:
Found another TFTD map with broken nodes, it's ALSHIP12 map having issues for viewing the routes. Oo0!

edit: as a (hopefully temporary) workaround, try turning off the InfoOverlay

Hmm.... Good idea! :)

I'll try it out to see if this could kill such a bug that i might encounter with TFTD maps and converting TFTD map nodes to UFO nodes.

Let's see if this could do anything particularly. :D

EDIT2: Clicked on the node with "ShowOverlay" option disabled, and it showed the error again. Sorry! :(

Wait? I think i found out the issue. :o Nevermind!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 02:37:37 am by FeruEnzeru »

Offline kevL

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 29, 2018, 02:34:46 am »
see my suggested workaround (edit) in previous post

I looked at the wonky function and nothing obvious smakked me in the face yet :\

Offline kevL

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 29, 2018, 02:43:43 am »
Wait? I think i found out the issue. :o Nevermind!

huh? status report pls?

Offline FeruEnzeru

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 29, 2018, 03:12:16 am »
see my suggested workaround (edit) in previous post

I looked at the wonky function and nothing obvious smakked me in the face yet :\
Already read your suggestion and viewed the image in previous post.
huh? status report pls?
Okay... From what I've learned one thing with UFO07's nodes so far along the other TFTD map nodes with "ShowOverlay" option disabled on RouteView, their links and spawn info having weird and messed-up sort-of-way problems.

Here's my list of vanilla TFTD map routes having issues regarding the nodes:
UFO07 (1 Node is broken and bugged)
GRUNGE12 (1 Node is broken and bugged)
ALSHIP05 (3 Nodes are broken and bugged)
ALSHIP12 (10 Nodes are broken and bugged)
ALSHIP13 (7 Nodes are broken and bugged)
ALSHIP14 (5 Nodes are broken and bugged)
ALSHIP15 (3 Nodes are broken and bugged)
LEVEL01 (2 Nodes are broken and bugged)
LEVEL03 (2 Nodes are broken and bugged)
LEVEL09 (2 Nodes are broken and bugged)
And i think that's it for the bugged routes.

When you, i or someone clicks on the broken and bugged node before while hovering the node with the mouse (while ShowOverlay is disabled on RouteView), the connected links on the nodes move to different directions. ??? See image below.

Sorry for the late editing, boss, my alarm on my computer went off meaning i have to start playing more of my progress with Unreal Return to Na Pali game. :(
I'll play some Unreal RtNP game at 9:00 instead of 8 PM after some forum replies even so. I think we'll figure any program that views RMP files (Routes for 90s XCOM game Maps) other than MVII to see there's any way to find the messed nodes to correct them or not maybe in a 2020s or 2030s future to see if there's some or none.

Anyways, thank you for reading my MVII issue/bug reports btw. :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 03:16:45 am by FeruEnzeru »

Offline kevL

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 29, 2018, 06:39:43 am »
Anyways, thank you for reading my MVII issue/bug reports btw. :)
np. I'd like to fix the issue but don't have TFTD (it never caught my interest the way UFO does)

After poking around on the web etc ... am thoroughly confused. Ufopaedia.org implies that the structure of .RMP files is the same for UFO and TFTD (because it documents the file-format only for UFO routes, implying that the structure of those files is the same for TFTD, for lack of anything stating otherwise, that I found). And, as far as i'm aware, OxC loads routes from UFO or TFTD the same way, further implying that the formats should be the same. Yet once i managed to load the TRITON.MAP/.RMP in MVII using the files in the OpenXcom TFTD Patch, what I'm initially seeing tends to indicate that the x/y coordinates are reversed* between UFO/TFTD specs. I mean, those should be "fixed files" but route-nodes are appearing off of the Triton-map's area.

For me to have any hope of debugging what's really happening, perhaps you can message me a link to a zip containing:

ALSHIP12.MAP
ALSHIP12.RMP

at a minimum, and several of the TFTD Terrain files would be useful also:

GRUNGE1.PCK/.TAB/.MCD
GRUNGE2.PCK/.TAB/.MCD
GRUNGE3.PCK/.TAB/.MCD
GRUNGE4.PCK/.TAB/.MCD
UFOBITS.PCK/.TAB/.MCD

(so I don't have to use UFO Terrains looking all borky...)

* but I really don't think so, based on how the nodes look decently placed on the RouteView screenshots above - if x/y were reversed, nodes would likely appear inside walls etc. At this point i suspect that stock TFTD route-files are simply derpy. but firsthand investigation is req'd

--
Question: when loading a Map containing buggy nodes, does MVII ask if you want to remove out-of-bounds nodes? If so, after choosing Yes what sort of results do you get?

Offline FeruEnzeru

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 29, 2018, 07:11:50 am »
np. I'd like to fix the issue but don't have TFTD (it never caught my interest the way UFO does)
Yeah, right.  :-\

Since you sent me a link to the OpenXCOM TFTD Patch, i'll get the patch a different day to see what i check to see what's inside of that patch.

I'll have choices to backup the stuff such as the maps and routes at some point even.
For me to have any hope of debugging what's really happening, perhaps you can message me a link to a zip containing:

ALSHIP12.MAP
ALSHIP12.RMP

at a minimum, and several of the TFTD Terrain files would be useful also:

GRUNGE1.PCK/.TAB/.MCD
GRUNGE2.PCK/.TAB/.MCD
GRUNGE3.PCK/.TAB/.MCD
GRUNGE4.PCK/.TAB/.MCD
UFOBITS.PCK/.TAB/.MCD

(so I don't have to use UFO Terrains looking all borky...)
I would like to message you a link or attachment containing the maps i have on the list from my previous post, but i don't have a Google Drive (I can't do google), OneDrive (I can't do Hotmail/Outlook and OneDrive), Dropbox or an account other file storage sharing system site). :(

Either add a attachment to a post or not at all because PMs don't allow attachments. I can also use my HIVE Workshop account's pastebin system in order to add a zip file to see if it works.

Maybe that will do the trick than GD, OD and Dropbox. :)

And oh! I have a version that has the nodes of ALSHIP12 which was in my ufoMapNodeWeakspots group called TFTD_ALSHIP12_NODE_WEAKSPOTS (the map and route files that have the nodes of ALSHIP12). Maybe i can give it to you with MCDs i used for the weakspots. Maybe that can help out pointing out the problem. :D
Question: when loading a Map containing buggy nodes, does MVII ask if you want to remove out-of-bounds nodes? If so, after choosing Yes what sort of results do you get?
Well, it does ask me to remove, but i choose not to remove them, and i want to keep the missing nodes because i need them in order to start sorting the vanilla UFO/TFTD map nodes for an important reason with my plans for remaking my old custom maps from January to April 2018.

afaik, some of missing nodes might've been Rank 0 and No Spawn actually or anything unknown maybe. ???
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 07:49:25 am by FeruEnzeru »

Offline kevL

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 29, 2018, 08:41:39 am »
Well, it does ask me to remove, but i choose not to remove them, and i want to keep the missing nodes because ...

that'd cause problems. The OxC code outright ignores such nodes (although it has to do some jiggery-pokery to keep links straight). They don't exist, when playing the game.

https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/blob/master/src/Battlescape/BattlescapeGenerator.cpp#L1660

user has the option of keeping them in MVII only to have the possibility of hex-editing their coordinates right inside the .RMP files to acceptable values (thus keeping their links, priorities, etc.)

I don't see why you'd want to keep them unless you're going to do that but it's up to you,

in any case, to handle out-of-bounds nodes in the editor would be a tad more difficult than simply ignoring them ...,,,
in any case2, i've got an inscrutable error in my IDE (project file) and it has to be resolved before I could even begin to do anything :\

/see what happens

ps. You could backup the specific RMPs that are buggy, and remove the bad nodes in MVII, and still have the backups.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 08:47:53 am by kevL »