Author Topic: MAPVIEW upgrade  (Read 43033 times)

Offline Keth01

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: MAPVIEW upgrade
« Reply #225 on: April 14, 2018, 08:54:53 am »

Okay, I've got it starting again, which is progress. But none of the 'right click' functions (such as viewing/editing tilesets or starting a new map) are working, nor am I able to change level in the main window unless I close the tile view and top view.

I'm only mentioning this on the off chance that these particular errors shed some light on the problem?

Online kevL

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 14, 2018, 09:02:26 pm »
not to me unfortunately :|

But none of the 'right click' functions (such as viewing/editing tilesets or starting a new map) are working, nor am I able to change level in the main window unless I close the tile view and top view.

That sounds like a problem that was/is happening on circa post-Win7 machines. MainView would refuse to take focus if any of the other viewers were open. So i put in an option under MainView->Edit->Options->AllowBringToFront

it should default to FALSE - which is a 'safe' setting. Ie, a user would have to change it to TRUE to allow the bring-to-front behavior, when MainView is clicked to take focus (but TRUE is the setting that could also enable the bug.)

So, and this might be a longshot, since MainView (specifically the view-panel) needs focus for the mousewheel to scroll through levels ... and probably for a right-click on the MapTree to work also ... have a look at MainView->Edit->Options and check the "AllowBringToFront" setting. suggested: FALSE
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 09:04:27 pm by kevL »

Offline Keth01

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 20, 2018, 01:45:29 am »

For some reason it's not showing 'AllowBringToFront' as an option on the screen you suggested...

Online kevL

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 20, 2018, 01:29:09 pm »
from here?

https://github.com/kevL/OpenXCOM.Tools/tree/master/Distribution

I just downloaded those files and ran MapView.exe in a clean dir, and after the installation dialog this appears under MainView|Edit|Options

Offline Keth01

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 20, 2018, 03:10:44 pm »

I was sure I was, but purging and installing off your link instead of mine has fixed literally everything. Clearly I goofed. Thanks so much for your help!

Online kevL

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 20, 2018, 09:25:58 pm »
coolio,

May your maps be robust (so to say)