Author Topic: MapView help.  (Read 3010 times)

Offline tnarg

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
MapView help.
« on: June 24, 2014, 05:55:25 pm »
Hello,

I have some questions about MapView. 

Given that I'm not trying to do anything to tricky: (add a new xcom craft, new base map and maybe add some new UFOs,  but I will not be making my own sprites and where possable I want to copy a map and tweek it.)

Is this the best program to make new maps for openXcom?
I get a crash when I try to open Plane (the skyranger map) Can I fix it?
If I want to make a craft that uses acenger, lighting and plane tile set can I do that?
How do I open the INTERC map? (the XcomUtil_Fighter_Transports mod) (I think I can do this once I get pass the plane crash)

Thanks for any help.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: MapView help.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 05:56:37 pm »
You should look for other threads speaking about Mapview and ask there  ;)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: MapView help.
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 07:50:20 pm »
Is this the best program to make new maps for openXcom?

To my knowledge it is the only program available that allows to edit XCom maps.

I get a crash when I try to open Plane (the skyranger map) Can I fix it?

Plane opens fine with me. Did specify the correct paths for the UFO/TERRAIN folder? Have you changed anything else?

If I want to make a craft that uses acenger, lighting and plane tile set can I do that?

Yes

How do I open the INTERC map? (the XcomUtil_Fighter_Transports mod) (I think I can do this once I get pass the plane crash)

Choose Edit - Paths - Map Files

On the Paths Editor expand UFO - Ships, right click on XCom and choose Add Map -> Existing Map (opens window to select the desired map to be added)

After you've added the Map click on its name under UFO - Ships/XCom then go to the Available Images menu on the right of the window. Scroll down until you see the PLANE tileset, click on it to choose it, then click on the button with the <- to assign that tileset to the map. After you're done, choose Save on the top of the wndow.