Author Topic: Windup  (Read 3988 times)

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
Windup
« on: June 14, 2013, 12:57:47 pm »
Okay, so whilst I was on IRC the other day talking about the UAV stuff - specifically transferring TUs to the UAV - I was wondering about the following thing:

BattleItem class has a "WoundUp" value (not to be confused with "wound" as in injury, stupid English)
A "Special Ability" is added to the item saying it supports winding
When clicking the item in the hand, you have the usual items (Launch/Fire/Throw/etc.), but you also have "Wind Up" or something similar

The WindUp action would update the WoundUp value - and can be done over multiple turns etc.

Then per-item, you use the Wound value somehow-
ie, for Grenades it could be blast radius or damage, for the UAV it would be TUs allowed

It's a bit of a crazy idea, and doesn't really have any use in XCOM as-is, but thought it might be useful in mods :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 01:04:22 pm by pmprog »

Offline android

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Windup
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 01:53:41 am »
Now.. here's a crazy idea..

The origional Xcom game had many monsters created when trying to find the right ones, and two of them are bunnies!
no, seriously
The adult bunny would hide round corners and.. lay eggs. They dont attack.
Eggs hatch into babies. They don't take caution around foe's, so they walk randomly.
This leads to many bunnies everywhere. Seems of no concern to Xcom, but, the thing is.. they explode violently near heat.
We wouldn't have stood a chance, great idea though.

I was thinking.. we could make the baby bunny into a energiser weapon. Take the bunny out your pack, wind it, and set it for the nearest alien. Once it's close enough, boom!
Would rid the 'one enemy left camping in control room' problem. Chuck in a bunny!
Clearing houses quickly(as in less tu's)

No-one would attack it except high psi / mind probe wielding aliens
I would make it explode next to soldiers/civillians, though. Can't be too careful when your a toy bunny filled with.. I dunno

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
Re: Windup
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 11:26:10 pm »
Wow. I've always wondered what they were going for on those bunnys.