aliens

Author Topic: [MAPS] (UPDATE v1.4) Hobbes Terrain Mods for OpenXCom  (Read 48426 times)

niculinux

Re: [MAPS] (UPDATE v1.4) Hobbes Terrain Mods for OpenXCom
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2015, 04:27:29 pm »
Dude use Nightly builds!

Naaah...it's too confortable to install from a ppa in ubuntu, plus the new data structure is reaally a must for newbies!!! :-]

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2015, 04:29:25 pm »
Solarius, it would better if you simply disable those terrains which give you until Hobbes remakes those routes.

No. :P

And disabling them would not help their fixing.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2015, 04:34:21 pm »
@Hobbes: currently mod portal displays only the ones compatible with nightlies, how about to put there a link of the last 1.0 compatible?  :'(

Because there are plenty of bugs with the last 1.0 version and I don't have time to support 2 versions, specially when 1.0 is very limited concerning new terrains.

Hobbes, I got this error message for the FMP: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2027.msg50468.html#msg50468

I am fairly sure it's connected to the map (nodes, probably), as this terror uses the TFTD mapblocks. I wonder if there's a newer version for me to use, but I doubt that.

Nodes seem fine to me. The saved game uses Dawn City terrain, not TFTD mapblocks. Since the crash is during the alien turn my suspicion would be for something wrong regarding weapons or sounds.

Warboy recently fixed a bug with pathfinding which was causing issues with nodes.

niculinux

« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2015, 04:42:17 pm »
Because there are plenty of bugs with the last 1.0 version and I don't have time to support 2 versions, specially when 1.0 is very limited concerning new terrains.
[...]

got it, but i meant not to ask for older versions support, only to make the last 1.0 compatible  avaiablemto the public, by at least putting a link on the related portal page, but whatever will be fine :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2015, 04:47:15 pm »
got it, but i meant not to ask for older versions support, only to make the last 1.0 compatible  avaiablemto the public, by at least putting a link on the related portal page, but whatever will be fine :)

Since you asked politely, I'll attach the last 1.0 version here. 

But if you make any bug reports about it or complain about the lack of terrains/features when compared to the nightlies, or simply ask anything about it, I'll hunt you down and kill you, then kill your wife, kids and dog, and then, after burning down your house I'll drive away in your car. ;)

EDIT: removed attachment since I don't want this to be widely used.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 05:38:13 pm by Hobbes »

niculinux

« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2015, 04:48:31 pm »
Since you asked politely, I'll attach the last 1.0 version here. 

But if you make any bug reports about it or complain about the lack of terrains/features when compared to the nightlies, or simply ask anything about it, I'll hunt you down and kill you, then kill your wife, kids and dog, and then, after burning down your house I'll drive away in your car. ;)

Ok thank you!! No please i'm still some what too young to diee!!!  :o

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2015, 04:49:35 pm »
Ok thank you!! No please i'm still some what too young to diee!!!  :o

You're never too young to die.

niculinux

« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2015, 04:59:39 pm »
You're never too young to die.

emh...and that is the proof!!!!! I was hoping to the the 1.9.3. version, at least i'm sure it is case sensitive problems, but if 2.5.2. It's not... i'll wait the 2.0. Whatever again thanks!!! :P :-[

edit: service announcement:

1) This trphread shoukd now be renamed "Hobbes terrain pack for openxcom 1.0 (v. 2.5.2)" or something;

2) Since support os discarded, moderators may have lock the thread.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 05:28:28 pm by niculinux »