aliens

Author Topic: Soldier load-out profiles  (Read 6310 times)

Offline sardaukar

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Soldier load-out profiles
« on: June 11, 2010, 12:34:09 pm »
Hey! (first post here  :P)

One feature I'd like to see, and that I think does not impact on gameplay much, would be load-out profiles for soldiers. Like templates that one could customize, and then apply to soldiers on the pre-mission screen.

You could even have triggers like, for the sniper template show a warning if the intended soldier's accuracy is below X or something (although this is maybe stretching it).

This would take a lot of boredom out of the pre-mission screen!

Offline gosse

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Soldier load-out profiles
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 02:37:33 pm »
In the same vein, the latest blog entry pretty much reflected what I'd like to see: pre-equipped soldiers.
Templates could be useful when you hire new soldiers, but I'd like to be able to fine tune each and everyone of them, like in X-COM: Apocalypse. i.e.: This infantry guy has little less strength that the next, so I take out one grenade and one clip.

Dough

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 07:07:57 pm »
My wish is for the game to remember what each soldier was equipped with in their last mission, and to try to load them with that same configuration for the next one.  As a bonus, on returning to base from a mission, the game could warn you if the base doesn't have enough (ammo) stock to re-equip for next time.

I also like the other ideas mentioned so far

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 06:56:52 pm »
My wish is for the game to remember what each soldier was equipped with in their last mission, and to try to load them with that same configuration for the next one.  As a bonus, on returning to base from a mission, the game could warn you if the base doesn't have enough (ammo) stock to re-equip for next time.

I also like the other ideas mentioned so far
I think that's what XcomUtil tried to do, but it had a lot of bugs when equipment changed or you lost soldiers.

My idea for a pre-equip screen to prevent these kind of issues is that you could individually equip your soldiers however you wanted, but it wouldn't be "real" equipment, more like a template. So the game would just fill out the templates with real equipment when you went out on missions, and would never lose them whenever your soldiers or equipment changed, it'd just warn you if you suddenly didn't have enough equipment to fill out the templates.

Personally I never bothered to have stats-specific equipment and just had everyone carry the same because I'm lazy :P but some ability to save templates shouldn't be too hard.

battlesquid

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 12:03:22 pm »
EquipmentTemplate is a great idea  :)