Author Topic: Xcom-like: Massive Chalice kickstarter from Doublefine  (Read 4687 times)

Offline 54x

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Xcom-like: Massive Chalice kickstarter from Doublefine
« on: June 01, 2013, 01:21:01 pm »
In case any of you haven't seen it yet, Doublefine is kickstarting a second project, and this time it's a fantasy-themed turn based strategy/management game:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/doublefine/double-fines-massive-chalice

They specifically list Xcom as one of the project's inspirations. (and a few other TBS games, like Final Fantasy Tactics and Fire Emblem) It looks pretty interesting and I've already backed.

Offline Hythlodaeus

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Xcom-like: Massive Chalice kickstarter from Doublefine
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 06:54:25 pm »
Yeah, well, I can come up with anything myself and say it's going to be awesome and x-com-like as well, which is what the promo video essentially does without showing us almost nothing about the game itself.

These days that go by, I refuse to back any project that isn't open-source and doesn't have a decent gameplay preview, or at least some screenshots.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 07:49:57 pm by Hythlodaeus »

Offline Postmo

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 03:59:22 am »
Speaking of Kickstarters, there's also the new Jagged Alliance that just got funded. Apparently they hired a bunch of the Ja2 1.13 people to work on it.

Offline 54x

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 10:11:29 am »
Speaking of Kickstarters, there's also the new Jagged Alliance that just got funded. Apparently they hired a bunch of the Ja2 1.13 people to work on it.

Yeah, I would have posted that for preference (further on in development and should appeal to XCOM fans more, perhaps) but I found it after it was funded :(