Author Topic: Scrollbar  (Read 11833 times)

Offline AMX

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Scrollbar
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 06:33:26 pm »
How about something like this?
Slightly narrower (including shrunken buttons)
Space between the lines recolored
Horizontal lines added to the middle of the handle (there's a reason that used to be standard on Windows and MacOS - I forget what, but there was a reason)

Volutar

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 08:08:27 pm »
It's not Windows/Macos interface (and I will hate if it will be because game should have its own design). And this solid frame with stripes, if fill whole bar, will be too heavy. That was said number of times.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 08:19:43 pm by Volutar »

Offline 54x

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2013, 01:48:11 am »
So, a few things:

1) The bar should be able to grow or shrink to indicate the size of the list.
2) It would be great to have a slimline version that looks like a rotated version of the < and > buttons, so that we can have scrollable frames.

As for features, Vol was very keen starting off with the scrollbar as an indicator, but we can implement drag-scrolling after that, and eventually we can also have them smooth-scroll. (probably simply as an animation thing, where it still "snaps" to an item when you release the scroll bar, but it does so in a way that seems more natural)

Offline AMX

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2013, 08:56:42 pm »
It's not Windows/Macos interface (and I will hate if it will be because game should have its own design).
True.
And this solid frame with stripes, if fill whole bar, will be too heavy. That was said number of times.
Which is why I slimmed it down.
Anyway, played with it some more...
-Shrunk buttons and handle again, so they match the bar now.
-Added "long handle" and "short handle" versions to see how it looks on extremely short and extremely long lists.

Also tried some other greeblies, but didn't find any that looked as nice as the three stripes.

Offline 54x

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2013, 02:15:48 am »
A++

Offline Nightwolf

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2013, 12:47:02 pm »
When updating the sell/buy screen, some time of sort? Like show only weapons, clips, soldiers, weapon ship, etc Or maybe identifying what type of stuff do you sell.

Offline 54x

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2013, 02:51:10 pm »
When updating the sell/buy screen, some time of sort? Like show only weapons, clips, soldiers, weapon ship, etc Or maybe identifying what type of stuff do you sell.

This isn't about the purchase screen, it's about scrolling through lists. :)

I think we've discussed various types of sorting for those screens before however.