aliens

Author Topic: [WEAPON] Ufo:TTS Style SniperRifle  (Read 49006 times)

Offline SeaTea

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [WEAPON] Ufo:TTS Style SniperRifle
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2014, 01:25:04 am »
Indeed, the link in the first post does not seem to work anymore. It may be that this mod is not maintained anymore?

If I may point you towards my mod, the XCom Armoury Expanded, you will find the sniper rifle taken from this mod, a shotgun, and their laser equivalents in the main ruleset, along with a wide selection of other stuff that's entirely optional in other rulesets.

Thank you! Is this known to clash with other weapon mods? I have Alien Armory Expanded, and Warboy1982's Tactical & Reinforced Shotguns mods.

EDIT: I'm also getting the same error message when I try to download your mod from the link provided. Is it because I'm a newb to this forum? Anyone aware restrictions for new members?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 01:30:45 am by SeaTea »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2014, 01:25:46 am »

Like Brian, when I follow the links in the opening post I get a message saying 'An Error Has Occurred!' and that 'You are not allowed to enter this section'

I stand corrected!  Thanks for letting me know... and yeah, I overlooked the obvious, but Arthanor does have an excellent alternative in the post above. :D

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2014, 01:59:34 am »

Thank you! Is this known to clash with other weapon mods? I have Alien Armory Expanded, and Warboy1982's Tactical & Reinforced Shotguns mods.

EDIT: I'm also getting the same error message when I try to download your mod from the link provided. Is it because I'm a newb to this forum? Anyone aware restrictions for new members?
We should take the XAE discussion to the XAE thread, but quickly:
1- No, it should not conflict with most weapons mod. The XAE works well with the AAE. The basic shotguns are the same, so you might as well not use Warboy's, but the XAE does not have the reinforced shotgun (yet).
2- I have no idea why you would get that error message. Did you make it to the post and failed the download? I just checked and both the link above and the downloads worked for me. :/

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2014, 02:23:30 am »
I'd have to agree: The OP link here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47596892/OXCMods/SniperRifle.zip

Worked for me.

Cheers, Ivan :D

Offline SeaTea

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2014, 02:54:27 am »
Okay, I've managed to get XAE downloaded. Don't know what I was doing wrong. Anyway, thank you both for your help.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2014, 02:57:31 am »
Oooh.. That link is different from the one I was trying. Right under "install" there is a broken link, which leads to an attachment which does not exist anymore.

However, the link you got (which is just a little bit below as "DOWNLOAD") does work indeed.

My apologies for sidetracking the topic..

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2014, 11:13:50 am »
link updated

Offline DanosP

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2015, 11:41:51 pm »
Hi,

Thank you for this great mod. I experimented with it and integrated it with Alloy Ammo mod.

Will it be OK for you if I publish this "modified" mod?

It uses sniper rifle graphics and rulesets from Final Mod Pack. Also adds new ammo type to sniper.

Below is the entry from Ufopaedia:

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 11:48:47 pm by DanosP »

Offline Sathandi

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2018, 09:26:56 pm »
Hello everyone! I'm interested in using Sniper rifle in my games, but I don't want to install huge mods like Final Mod that include this weapon. All the links that I was able to check in this thread are dead. Can anyone please share the files? Or better yet, point me in the direction of some more modern standalone version of this mod?

Cheers!
-- Alex.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2018, 12:34:39 am »
Here is the original mod, dated 19.07.2014.