Author Topic: Aspect Ratio Correction option  (Read 14675 times)

Offline Tarvis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Aspect Ratio Correction option
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2013, 05:57:09 am »
I'm building the Release version then copying the .exe to the game directory.

Curiously, it happens if I build stock 0.9 from source, so I'm not sure what the problem is, and the resulting .exe from it is a good 337kb larger than the released build...

Would anyone mind uploading their deps folder? I'd like to rule that out, at least. The only other difference I can think of is including windows.h instead of afxres.h in OpenXcom.rc since the MFC library doesn't seem to come with VC Express 2008.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 06:03:26 am by Tarvis »

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2013, 05:03:45 pm »
Are you using statically-linked libraries? These will end up embedded into the EXE and make it bigger, as opposed to if you make them dynamically-linked (so the DLLs are separate from the game EXE).

You can find Windows deps and more details in the wiki: https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Compiling_with_Microsoft_Visual_C%2B%2B_(OpenXcom)

Offline Tarvis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2013, 10:20:35 pm »
Hmm, I tried the deps package from there and now I'm getting "openxcom.exe has stopped working" on launch.

Sigh. I have a feeling it's yaml. If I replace it with the one I built then it runs, but it still has massive slowdown in the battlescape. It's not FPS slowdown, it stays at 60+fps the whole time, but the animation speeds are almost like they are all set to 1 even though they're at 6, even when using the software mode with no scaler at 640x400.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 10:24:50 pm by Tarvis »

Offline tidegear

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 05:24:18 am »
Maybe the game could have an indicator marking which resolutions are x2, x3, etc. multiples of the games native resolution? This would be helpful for selecting larger resolutions and maintaining the games native aspect ratio.

Offline Tarvis

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 08:13:44 pm »
Maybe the game could have an indicator marking which resolutions are x2, x3, etc. multiples of the games native resolution? This would be helpful for selecting larger resolutions and maintaining the games native aspect ratio.
No need for this since I have this feature (mostly) done. I just can't build it properly :X

But if you wanted to know you can just do the calculations yourself, 320x200 is the base resolution. It would also be an issue because the game has a feature to change the base resolution, so that would need to be accounted for.

Offline tidegear

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 08:47:18 am »
But if you wanted to know you can just do the calculations yourself, 320x200 is the base resolution.

That's what I already did. Thanks for the input!