Author Topic: XPiratez Information Compilation, Starter Guide & Weapon Spreadsheet  (Read 4432 times)

Offline Psyentific

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: XPiratez Information Compilation, Starter Guide & Weapon Spreadsheet
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2024, 02:05:56 pm »
recycling (pirating?) graphics from other games because they fit is perfectly in keeping with the x-piratez spirit

Offline Rokksta

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2024, 03:53:52 pm »
It looks nice. Good work  :)

But the Catgirl Tourists and the Cultural Exchange are not Cat-path exclusive. They are the cheap ways for the other paths to get some catgirls. I would not advice to use it on the cat-path. Cultural Exchange is best used on the Gal-path.

Offline Fugazza

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2024, 06:34:08 pm »
Might be useful for the guide, but... using the Zeerust Carbine Grenade Launcher can train Throwing on a gal. Maybe it's common knowledge, but I just realized it

Offline eharper256

• Sergeant
  • Purveyor of Medicinal Snake-Oils since 1885
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2024, 08:49:36 pm »
recycling (pirating?) graphics from other games because they fit is perfectly in keeping with the x-piratez spirit
The modding spirit in general; can confirm, am modder. :D Though I do love AoW4 as well and it has lots of pretty book pictures that are fairly easily available.

It looks nice. Good work  :)
Thankyou. :)

But the Catgirl Tourists and the Cultural Exchange are not Cat-path exclusive. They are the cheap ways for the other paths to get some catgirls. I would not advice to use it on the cat-path. Cultural Exchange is best used on the Gal-path.
Yes, you're right. It's just you get the Nekomimi tech prequisite wildly earlier on the route (and not need to gamble on interrogations or discs). Maybe I'll reword that a bit, but it's fairly minor.

Might be useful for the guide, but... using the Zeerust Carbine Grenade Launcher can train Throwing on a gal. Maybe it's common knowledge, but I just realized it
Interesting factoid I guess. I assume the Alpha Rifle does the same then. I wouldn't really count on it as a dedicated throwing trainer tool though, reloading an underslung grenade is a reasonably high TU cost. Javelins or Shuriken (or spears) almost certainly take that cake.

Offline eharper256

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2024, 09:34:37 pm »
Weapon Spreadsheet updated with the shotgun changes and a few extra guns.

Offline Fugazza

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2024, 10:34:29 am »
Weapon Spreadsheet updated with the shotgun changes and a few extra guns.

Don't want to be an ass, but... I can't tell the weapon tiers. Colorblind as fuck, sorry! Excellent work, tho. I do enjoy reading the guide. Everyday I learn something new, or recheck something.

Edit: Maybe an extra column with the Tier?

Offline eharper256

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2024, 11:40:51 am »
Don't want to be an ass, but... I can't tell the weapon tiers. Colorblind as fuck, sorry! Excellent work, tho. I do enjoy reading the guide. Everyday I learn something new, or recheck something.

Edit: Maybe an extra column with the Tier?
That's fair enough. My one old gaming buddy sees both red and green as blackish so always said to me for most circumstances it's fine as long as red and green are not "adjacent" tiers, but I guess that is only the one type of colour-blindness.

I have used filled in box conditional formatting symbols before to help one other chap (i.e little box with four segments) but for some reason, those always get removed on Google Sheets which is notoriously bad for conditional formatting compared to Excel (I make these on Excel and then upload them to the drive).

Glad you're enjoying it, that's the main thing! :) The tier's are all kind of subjective in any case and you can usually come to the conclusions yourself with the descriptions.