Author Topic: Score dropping like a rock (-250/day, month 3) HALP!  (Read 1114 times)

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • public enemy no. 1
    • View Profile
Re: Score dropping like a rock (-250/day, month 3) HALP!
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2024, 02:25:29 am »
Be careful with the hive, because if you start there soon a geoscape even will pop up saying that local govt is concerned with that and you will get base crackdowns even from feb/march 2601!

This was some releases ago, don't if the thing have been nerfed or not..

Offline Ultimoos

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2024, 09:20:07 am »
My save attached.
January: I start in a custom base in Romanica. Both sec corridors are sold and 4th brainer is bought. Runts make some bamboo and pointy sticks and after that torches for sale. My research goals are: Inspect machinery, Bounty hunting and working my way towards Little Bird. On missions I try to take people alive for ransoms. I only kill those who are too risky to capture. I want to save at least $500k for next month to buy runts. For base expansion I built at least 2 more burrows.

February: I buy 1 more brainer, 45 runts and they now make Hellerium for sale. Little Bird finishes and I start hunting down bandit cars, highway patrols, couriers and bandit trucks. 14mm ammo will run out soon, so I'm focusing my research to get Improvised aerial explosives and after that Rotoguns. For base expansion I want a Mess Hall, clear rubble and if money allows it 2 more prisons.
Thanks to lucky gets of 14mm ammo from prepper boxes and secret door events makes me shift research to unlocking more missions. I also get guild stapler from strangled agent mission. Research goals now are: Warehouse wars, bandit camps, undersea and underground missions and monster hunting.

March: With money from great previous month I buy 6 more brainers. I save 2 researchers from academy outpost. one is researched and second one is robbed for integrated devices. For base expansion I want 3 more crew quarters, 2 more general stores, one more extractor for codex activation and hangar. Temple and Academy missions are cash cows, so I rarely skip them.

April: I get one more brainer and I'm now 13/13, capped on runts. If all buildings are done it should be 95/95. Runts make Grog for sale. For base expansion I want to finish personal labs before month ends. hospital from male path, overcharged radar and at least start making workshop. Research goal are: Comms towers, car thieves and clearing as much as I can to later get chainmail and Bukaroo.
My pilots are good enough to shoot down bandit blimps, so I take one down. Luckily it's bandits, not raiders. Easily cleared in night, just remember to get hammers for 14mm turrets. With necroplane parts I can work my way towards contact junkyard. I buy Blowfish to be able to do undersea missions.

May: I buy 4 more brainers and wait for workshop to finish. Now I have all buildings I wanted, except sickbay and Library is long way ahead. Repeat of previous months. Clearing missions, shooting down bandits. I stay away from thunderbolts and necroplanes. Little Bird is a big gamble against those. I get old earth books from Comms tower mission and now I can research Chainmail and Bukaroo.
Also, this is a good place to consider second base next month.

I'll say it's extremaly lucky run considering milestones. I also got a lot castaway gal missions. I'm only missing a Fan and Esper now.

Offline John___Doe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2024, 03:48:12 am »
For the little bird: it can equip a second weapon in addition to the 14mm. Those early highwayman and ruffian crashes often have rotoguns/hmgs and ammo for them which will keep your bird armed.

Offline Armitage451

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2024, 05:26:32 pm »
Thank you everyone for your suggestions!

New game going a lot better, got a little bird operational with LMG and 14mm shooting down the little shit.

Assault Clones have been MVPs carrying my run - not sure if I missed an event or if my game bugged, but I got 8~ clones in my team + 5 more tickets waiting to be redeemed.
The first govt base defense was rough, but got some nice gear out of it + knowledge of what to expect.

Getting hit with that bad shipping activity again - on the other side of the world, where I have no way of reaching it. Any ideas on how to deal with it?

Gonna try to power through the fat score loss with local shipping hunting (took down a necroblip (?) somehow) and captive research, but the latter don't seem to do that much on the graph (?).

Offline Ultimoos

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2024, 07:54:00 pm »
The things that hurt your score most have radars. Shooting civilian traffic will hurt you further, but not much. If something is happening outside of your radar range, than there is really little you can do about it.