Author Topic: Cats vs. Gals  (Read 473 times)

Offline GreyICE

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Cats vs. Gals
« on: September 04, 2024, 10:51:23 pm »
So I started a new playthrough when I found out that it was released, and browsing around the research query, I found myself something new.  A new path!  Two actually, peasants seems new (I might not have played in a few years).   So, catgirl path!  I already went down it and got some catgirls, and they're powerful but fragile.  Great TUs and accuracy base, but human-like health, and pretty expensive. 

So before I dive too deep into it is ?Cats 4 Life? an similar path to Gals in terms of difficulty?  Is it fleshed out enough to be interesting or just one of those fun optional difficult things you can opt into? 

I'm not looking to crush my balls on my first time in a few years, and I know full well this mod has some real hidden traps, so I figured I'd ask before I get myself in trouble.

(also awesome work!  This mod is fantastic)

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Cats vs. Gals
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2024, 01:37:48 am »
It's as fleshed out as any other path. Just an easier access to a certain type of soldier. It's also as difficult as any other path. Well, I'd argue that cats are OP and thus less difficult than other paths.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Cats vs. Gals
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2024, 08:23:32 pm »
I'd say cats are harder than gals, because their inherent fragility makes every mistake a costly one. But the cat path has some unique ways of mitigating that, primarily the Ironcat armour which sort of allows you to use catgirls as line infantry. Still, don't expect them to hold the line as well as gals, or even well-equipped male soldiers.

Overall I think it's a pretty fun choice. I personally find the gal path a bit too easy; while individual missions can be difficult, gals are pretty great at everything.