Author Topic: Trouble installing OXCE v7.13  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Trouble installing OXCE v7.13
« on: July 28, 2024, 01:08:52 am »
The win32 version does not start. It says - "The procedure entry point GetTickCount64 was not found in the DLL KERNEL32.dll." Perhaps someone got something mixed up.  :D
« Last Edit: July 28, 2024, 01:11:27 am by Ethereal »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble installing OXCE v7.13
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2024, 08:49:18 am »
Stoddard's build farm died (probably permanently), so we're building (almost) everything manually.

It will take a few attempts to restore all build configuration.
(Also, I don't have any Win32 environment, so it's hard to test.)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile

Offline Slow

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2024, 11:20:45 am »
Linux version won't start, it says "bash: ./OpenXcomEx: Отказано в доступе" which means 'access denied'.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2024, 11:24:58 am »
The binary is missing execute privileges. Do 'chmod +x OpenXcomEx'. That should fix it.

Offline Slow

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2024, 11:34:53 am »
Thanks, this helped. Though, all past oxce versions worked instantly, without any chmod.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2024, 11:39:36 am »
(Also, I don't have any Win32 environment, so it's hard to test.)

I would be happy to help with testing, but I can't promise anything due to numerous business trips to places where there is no Internet, never was, and never will be.

What windows version do you using?

Win-XP SP3(32).

The good news is that there is also Win7(64) on the second computer. The Win-64 version works well, so there is an opportunity to wait for a stable version for Win-32.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2024, 01:00:29 pm »
Win-XP SP3(32).

The good news is that there is also Win7(64) on the second computer. The Win-64 version works well, so there is an opportunity to wait for a stable version for Win-32.

Ok, this mean MXE dropped support for XP. I can try revert to older version but you should be aware that at some point we will need drop too as it use too old compiler.

Thanks, this helped. Though, all past oxce versions worked instantly, without any chmod.
Old build farm died and we need to recreate it from scratch, this mean many details like this are lost.
I will check if my nighty build farm http://108.61.157.159/versions/ could be fixed

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2024, 02:51:29 pm »
Linux version won't start, it says "bash: ./OpenXcomEx: Отказано в доступе" which means 'access denied'.

I try reproduce this bug, but on my side its work fine.
Could you prepare example how exactly reproduce this bug? From where you downloaded this binary?
What exactly linux version you have? What command you did to extract files?

Offline Slow

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2024, 03:08:00 pm »
I downloaded from this forum, from thread "[2] OXCE v.7.13 download and installation guide", linux version called "Extended-7.13-ac5d2e76b-2024-07-26-bionic-x86_64.7z".

I have Xubuntu 20.04, extracted through xubuntu's own extractor (Engrampa).

Then I opened terminal and './OpenXcomEx'. And again "bash access denied".

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2024, 05:02:42 pm »
ok, confirmed, I look on wrong zips. Meridian re-packed zips under windows and this drop linux permissions.
Next release should not have this problem.

Offline AmanitaVerna

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2024, 05:48:01 am »
The android version won't install (on Android 14) when a previous version is installed. Android asks if I want to update, I say yes, and then it says "App not installed as package conflicts with an existing package."

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2024, 11:35:12 am »
The android version won't install (on Android 14) when a previous version is installed. Android asks if I want to update, I say yes, and then it says "App not installed as package conflicts with an existing package."
The latest version of OXCE on Android is signed with a different certificate, which is why it is not possible to simply install it on top of the previous one.  Perhaps it has something to do with this
Stoddard's build farm died (probably permanently), so we're building (almost) everything manually.
In addition, older versions used an outdated v1 signature, which is considered not reliable enough.  This is not a particularly big problem, but in the latest Androids, over time, it may become difficult to install only v1-signed applications; for example, Play Protection will not allow them to be installed.  The new signature is already v1+v2+v3, which will avoid such problems.

Offline AmanitaVerna

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2024, 02:18:36 pm »
Okay. Uninstalling the old version and then attempting to install the new one results in Android saying "Unsafe app blocked. This app was built for an older version of Android and doesn't include the latest privacy protections."

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2024, 05:04:06 pm »
This means that some changes in the game application seemed suspicious to Play Protection.  And to install the game, you will have to disable this very Play Protection in the Google Play settings, at least temporarily.  Recently, many applications that are not posted on Google Play cannot pass verification during installation.  And often the reasons for this are unclear.