Author Topic: Trouble installing OXCE v7.13  (Read 1476 times)

Offline pedroterzero

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble installing OXCE v7.13
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2024, 01:23:58 am »
Just an FYI, in the latest OpenXcom linux archive, OpenXcomEx doesn't have executable bit set, which broke the AppImage for a bit. I solved it in the builder (I probably should have done that in the first place), but it might trip up some people trying to run the Linux build manually.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2024, 01:48:02 pm »
We have lost our build farm, and thus many things don't work.
We will try to restore the most, but some things are lost forever (for example certificates).

Here's the full overview:

1. win64 zip and win64 installer should work fine

2. macOS build -- no change (works or doesn't work depending on exact OS version)

3. win32 build works on Windows 7 and above only, it doesn't work on Windows XP

- I am trying to create a new Windows XP build for OXCE 7.14, hopefully it will work
- however, Windows XP support will eventually be dropped, once OXCE starts using c++20 or other features for which there is no more XP compiler support

4. ubuntu build -- has a small problem with permissions

- that's my fault, I'm a linux noob, it will start working again with OXCE 7.14

5. Android build - works, but with some difficulties

- we have lost some stuff, so the original build is not possible anymore

- your phone might complain about the app using old SDK... you can ignore this message and just click "install anyway"
- I tried to target a newer SDK, which should be possible in theory, but it somehow didn't work (app was built fine, but then the phone just said app is invalid)
- I may return to this issue later

- the other issue was "unsafe app blocked" or something like that, you'll need to find a workaround for that yourself, it's different on each phone and version of OS

- also updating from older versions is not possible/recommended, you should completely uninstall the old version (7.12 or older) and install a fresh new version (7.13 or newer)
- updating from 7.13 should again work fine

6. iOS build -- is unaffected, because you need to build it yourself :)

Offline pedroterzero

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2024, 12:51:57 am »
The win32 version does not start. It says - "The procedure entry point GetTickCount64 was not found in the DLL KERNEL32.dll." Perhaps someone got something mixed up.  :D
You could try my build from this post: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=6586.msg166108#msg166108