Author Topic: [Suggestion] Custom Deployments for Base Defence  (Read 863 times)

Offline hederino

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] Custom Deployments for Base Defence
« on: June 10, 2024, 05:17:06 pm »
Since we can have custom craft deployments for each individual craft and even a master template for each type of craft, why not extend the same idea to base defence so we can choose for each base (from the valid spawn nodes of course) where our units will spawn?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [Suggestion] Custom Deployments for Base Defence
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2024, 12:56:41 am »
I dunno, base defence is typically a surprise mission, and you can't just tell your soldiers to stay in one particular place 24/7.

Offline hederino

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2024, 01:57:39 am »
I dunno, base defence is typically a surprise mission, and you can't just tell your soldiers to stay in one particular place 24/7.

No one's staying anywhere 24/7. The way I imagine it, it's rather like the moment the ayys are at the door, they sound all the alarms and the evacuation process for all non-combat personnel gets initiated (as in the mission description text) while each one of the combatants not out on a mission and healthy enough to participate grabs their weapons and equipment and rushes to their designated spot, if any, to meet the intruders.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2024, 11:03:17 am »
I believe it's an intentional feature that you cannot position your units for base defense.