Author Topic: Can only load one tank on SkyRaider?  (Read 576 times)

Offline GaSplat

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Can only load one tank on SkyRaider?
« on: May 27, 2024, 09:30:02 am »
Running openXcom with FMP. Everything seems to be running fine - but I can't load more than one tank onto my Skyranger. I can empty all soldiers and tanks, then add a tank but when I go to add a second tank it doesn't respond - it shows I still have another tank to add but refuses to add it. Really want two tanks for the terror sites until I can better equip my soldiers.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Can only load one tank on SkyRaider?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2024, 11:49:09 am »
Never played FMP myself, but according to the rulesets, Skyraider by definition allows only 1 vehicle on board.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2024, 12:17:39 pm »
It is a smaller, cuter, younger sister of the Skyranger. She can only carry one HWP, but she has a big heart!

Offline GaSplat

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2024, 02:35:42 am »
Thanks for the responses. My bad but I meant SkyRanger. I haven't even researched the SkyRaider yet.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2024, 12:12:44 pm »
The FMP does not change the Skyranger in any way. It's not even in the ruleset.

Online yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2024, 01:00:33 pm »
One of the possible reasons is that there is not enough ammunition for the second tank.  Then it will not be possible to load it on board the plane.

Offline GaSplat

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2024, 07:03:30 am »
Good suggestion on the ammo limitation but I already ruled that out as an issue. Beyond just checking I had enough ammo, did a little experiment. I could add the cannon tank, then try to add a minigun tank but can't. Backed out the cannon tank and could then add the minigun tank (so ammo limit is not an issue) but now cannot add the cannon tank back in. Even the little scout tank blocks adding a full size tank. I've done this with only two soldiers on board or even with no soldiers on the skyranger - so space was not an issue.

Online yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2024, 07:43:57 am »
Then all that remains is to publish the save file here so that other people can check whether they have the same error and maybe find its cause.

Offline GaSplat

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2024, 11:32:48 am »
This save has two mini gun tanks but plenty of ammo. You can also see how the scout tank prevents adding a minigun tank. Thanks in advance for the help!

Offline CrazedHarpooner

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2024, 12:11:08 pm »
Well, as it's been said before by fellow forum dwellers, the SkyRaider has only 1 HWP slot and IT IS the craft you have in your base, not the SkyRanger. Images taken from the save provided in your last post.

Just a quick edit. Are you using a language other than english? Could it be a translation error and hence the confusion?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2024, 12:16:52 pm by CrazedHarpooner »

Online yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2024, 02:04:41 pm »
Thanks for the responses. My bad but I meant SkyRanger. I haven't even researched the SkyRaider yet.
No, it is the SkyRaider that is present in the save, not the SkyRanger.  This is the difference between FMP and the original game - at first you are given a lighter plane, with less capacity.  And there's no need to explore it - both SkyRanger and SkyRaider are available for purchase immediately after starting the game.  But the more spacious SkyRanger, which can carry up to 3 tanks, you need to buy yourself.

Offline GaSplat

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2024, 04:27:02 am »
Oh wow. All that time I was reading what I expected to see instead of what I was actually seeing. My apologies for such a stupid question. In my defense, I find the font to be a little challenging to read, but once I stopped and really looked at it.....  my mistake was obvious. Thank you for your help! And I need to stop making assumptions based on my years of vanilla XCOM.  ;D