aliens

Author Topic: [Solved] Allow Reordering of Bases in Management Screen  (Read 216 times)

Offline B1ackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
[Solved] Allow Reordering of Bases in Management Screen
« on: May 07, 2024, 08:33:17 am »
Hi ,I'd like to humbly request a small quality-of-life suggestion for a feature that could streamline base management in the game. Is it possible to incorporate small arrows or a CTRL+CLICK functionality that allows users to reorder their bases directly from the base management screen?

Here's how I envision using this feature:

I typically organize my bases in a specific order: MAIN BASE > RESEARCH BASES > (usually two) FABRICATION BASES > any number of interception bases > and finally, detection bases (especially useful in my mod, where I've added buildings capable of providing global coverage).

While this is the order I prefer, it's not always the order in which I construct the bases. Sometimes I need the detection bases before the interception outposts.

Currently, I manually adjust my save files to reorder the bases. However, this process involves closing the game, making the changes, and then reloading, which can be cumbersome. I hope this feature could be implemented perhaps through scripting. However, I'm aware that there may be limitations due to hardcoding or other factors.

I appreciate any insights or considerations on this suggestion. Thank you in advance, and I hope others may find this idea helpful as well.

Offline zRrr

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Allow Reordering of Bases in Management Screen
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2024, 10:51:20 am »
In OXCE you can right-click selected base in a list of bases, to shift it left once.

Offline B1ackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
Re: [SOLVED] Allow Reordering of Bases in Management Screen
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2024, 07:46:37 pm »
In OXCE you can right-click selected base in a list of bases, to shift it left once.

Thanks for the imput, noted!, i currently play using BAI-OXCE, i will report this in their subforum.