aliens

Author Topic: Suggestions and requests  (Read 867 times)

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
  • Y'all are awesome! Thankful for this community.
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
Suggestions and requests
« on: April 16, 2024, 08:43:00 pm »
I'd assume that this is the best forum to discuss suggestion for future releases of the mod?

Some ideas I had: (super low priority or none at all  -- Just my thoughts  :)

- Work in story about the moon being a megstructure (Moonfall Movie)
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonfall_(film)
      https://www.thehofstrachronicle.com/category/arts-and-entertainment/2022/2/16/moonfall-crashes-into-megastructure-theory
      https://images.app.goo.gl/ouizoiWtnJSWgGpt9
      https://manapop.com/film/moonfall-2022-review/

- Work in story about ramjet --> scramjet (Arrow 105 having a Temporal variance) needing investigation --> back story to the UAC
      followup research (Advanced propulsion) --> followup research (Temporal Signature) --> (Temporal Detection Research)
      https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Temporal_variance
« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 12:43:29 am by 0xEBJC »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Suggestions and requests
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 01:49:46 pm »
I'd assume that this is the best forum to discuss suggestion for future releases of the mod?

Not really, but no worries, I just made a new topic.

Some ideas I had: (supper low priority or none at all  -- Just my thoughts  :)

- Work in story about the moon being a megstructure (Moonfall Movie)

Sorry, but even if Cydonians were capable of building something like this (which they probably aren't, at least without a VERY good reason, as it would take them geological time to do), the Moon is way older than Ethereals, who have been around for only a couple dozens of millions of years.
The Moon would have to be the work of some civilization from billions of years ago, and probably more advanced than anything we know from the current Milky Way.

- Work in story about ramjet --> scramjet (Arrow 105 having a Temporal variance) needing investigation --> back story to the UAC

Nah, no time travel! It ruins every plot. :P

Sorry to be such a naysayer :D

Offline norpan83

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 10:13:35 pm »
As long as we are pitching ideas,

How about a mission inspired by:
Werewolf Women of the SS (2007)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xynLdCh2Uss

Could give hints about the black sun earlier, and give it more ties with the syndicate.

Offline 75338

• Sergeant
  • Rogue. D2X HC SP. WoW filmmaker. Epic 40K.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2024, 02:02:01 am »
Maybe put "Allowed on the following special mission types: Industrial Investigation/Beach" or similar on the Ufopedia screens for specific gear.

Would have avoided newbie me thinking "Concealable should work great for this mission, right?" I was wrong.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2024, 12:25:09 pm »
Maybe put "Allowed on the following special mission types: Industrial Investigation/Beach" or similar on the Ufopedia screens for specific gear.
It used to be that way for plain 'Concealed', and was discontinued as too much manual busywork for Solarius' continued sanity. :) Not to mention the various different and not mutually equipment-exclusive cover missions we have now.

You can either use the INFO button and check equipment categories for a single item (the categories have internal names, but those are usually relatively straightforward), or you can filter your equipment list by category (like 'labor gear' or 'beach gear') in either craft equip or buy/sell screens.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2024, 12:53:25 pm »
It's not really that much sanity loss, and the workload would be bearable, but I don't see the point in having a separate article on each type of gear. I think the existing articles on cover types are sufficient, adding copies of Concealable Items for beach, sports etc. would feel like a bloat to me. But that's me, maybe you guys see things differently.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2024, 02:41:48 pm »
I mean, I understood the proposal as adding 'Labour Concealable' to every single item on the 'labor gear' list, i.e. across a multitude of pedia articles. That sounds a somewhat less sanity-friendly than just one article per mission type.

IMO, the one thing that might acually improve things would be to point new players at mission-specific item filters in equipment lists, since that's where I usually check what I can take on a mission - because one can then immediately act on that information by loading the item on the craft, buying new items, equipping agents or whatever.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 08:36:51 pm by Juku121 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2024, 09:01:15 pm »
I mean, I understood the proposal as adding 'Labour Concealable' to every single item on the 'labor gear' list, i.e. across a multitude of pedia articles. That sounds a somewhat less sanity-friendly than just one article per mission type.

But that's already handled by the INFO button... I removed "Concealable" from descriptions years ago.

IMO, the one thing that might acually improve things would be to point new players at mission-specific item filters in equipment lists, since that's where I usually check what I can take on a mission - because one can then immediately act on that information by loading the item on the craft, buying new items, equipping agents or whatever.

OK, I can make a field manual article about that.