aliens

Author Topic: [submod]Cryptic Butchery(0.4.0)  (Read 271 times)

Offline HinterDemGlas

• Captain
    • View Profile
[submod]Cryptic Butchery(0.4.0)
« on: March 22, 2024, 04:31:39 pm »
I just had the Dr. Alpha mission and it was fun-- two of my agents were flanked by an Asmodean Cobra while running from a Shambler, that kinda thing. I hate the fucking vents, though, 35+ rounds because a werewolf ate my dog ::)

So I took all of the adorable murderous specimen alive, except for a few very fragile bats and beetles, and was finally annoyed enough by the crafting recipes somewhat punishing that approach to make a small adjustment: this mod.

This mod allows you to craft:
-Mongorn Anzug
-Bio-electric Tazer Clips
-Quillbow
-Dart musket
from living creatures- Wild Mongorn, Muckstar, Spikeboar and Bullfrog (still didn't find any of those) respectively. Mongorn King and similar variants may not work, and I only tested the Anzug and the taser ammo, sorry.

I may add other creatures- not sure what the situation with Synth muscle and anti-grav modules is for example. I will probably not add crafting recipes to turn live beast into corpses, because a) clutter and b) getting one corpse for autopsy has never been a problem for me.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: [submod]Cryptic Butchery(0.4.0)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2024, 05:01:23 pm »
Can't test right now, but wasn't there an option to kill your captives in prison/pens/containment and get their corpses? Or am I misremembering?

Online psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [submod]Cryptic Butchery(0.4.0)
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2024, 05:12:14 pm »
XCF prisons only offer 'remove selected'. AFAIR, many other mods also allow you to also kill, not just sell, your prisoners. This may be related to the retain bodies after interrogation user option, which XCF forces to be disabled. (I usually play other mods/vanilla with it.) Didn't test now.