Author Topic: [Suggestion] Sell/Buy price coefficients for items  (Read 872 times)

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] Sell/Buy price coefficients for items
« on: March 15, 2024, 06:32:15 am »
sellPriceCoefficient:

I was trying to use the current implentation of sellPriceCoefficient and I was running into the exact same problem as stated here:
I can adjust the Sellprices but this largely effects the manufacturing money making machine I balanced the economy in Hardmode Expansion around.

May I suggest to add a nested list, of Items to which the sellPriceCoefficient should be applied to?
Code: [Select]
sellPriceCoefficient: [100, 85, 70, 60, 50]
sellPriceCoefficientAffectedItems:
  - STR_PLASMA_PISTOL
  - STR_PLASMA_RIFLE
  - STR_HEAVY_PLASMA
  - STR_MIND_PROBE

All other Items would still have their fixed price, and if the list is empty (as by default), then the sellPriceCoefficient would be applied to all available items.

This would this awesome feature for me exactly the thing I need to balance the economy in Hardmode Expansion for lower diffciulty levels (my goal is to enable players to also enjoy lower diffciculties, in case they wanna do so.)
I basically only want to have the sellPriceCoefficient effect collectable loot from aliens.

Hope this is going to be heared, you guys are awesome :)

hellrazor, I completely agree, but it would be better if such a modifier for the sale and purchase price, depending on the difficulty level, was a property of the item itself. That is, there is a global modifier “sellPriceCoefficient”, and there is an individual modifier in the item itself. Plus "buyPriceCoefficient".

As long as I can set it up so only a selections of Items gets the "sellPriceCoefficient", I would not mind this solution either.

Suggest entering "sellPriceCoefficient" and "buyPriceCoefficient" for items and ships.  :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 12:37:40 am by Ethereal »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: [Suggestion] Sell\Buy price coefficients for itmes.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 03:15:32 pm »
Thanks mate for moving this over to here :)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Sell/Buy price coefficients for items
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 08:53:22 am »
Removed offtopic posts.

Todolisted.