Author Topic: About the music  (Read 8460 times)

Offline Marco91

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
About the music
« on: May 08, 2013, 03:16:14 am »
Hi, I have a problem with the music in the, I have the playstation sound converted in OGG format, they are in the folder like this:

But when I run the game, the follow screen appears:

What can I do to fix this?

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: About the music
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 03:20:48 am »
PSX version doesn't have all the game music, since the PSX cutscenes are embedded video/audio.

Just put both the old music and the new music all in the SOUND folder. OpenXcom will automatically pick OGG over the older MID, so you don't need to delete the old music.

Offline Marco91

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 03:34:04 am »
PSX version doesn't have all the game music, since the PSX cutscenes are embedded video/audio.

Just put both the old music and the new music all in the SOUND folder. OpenXcom will automatically pick OGG over the older MID, so you don't need to delete the old music.

I just did that, but the new music isn't playing, I think I will download the mp3 version and try it first.

EDIT: It seems it was a problem with the OGG file, because it plays fine with the MP3, thank you!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 04:24:56 am by Marco91 »

Offline Fenyő

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 07:11:33 am »
I have completed the site i have planned.

So, for all those of you, who have problems with music, and who wants midi playback (converted to ogg) balanced and reliable, i recommend this:
Music & Sound Effects Collection site for OpenXcom

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 09:19:39 pm »
Thanks I used the first link on the list, hopefully that's the right one. I don't really understand most of the words and phrases in that site, so I hope it worked.

Offline Fenyő

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 11:32:22 pm »
Thanks I used the first link on the list, hopefully that's the right one.
It depends on what you want.

I don't really understand most of the words and phrases in that site, so I hope it worked.
Ouh. :(
Which is the one you don't understand?

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 04:49:59 am »
I would like the Vanilla music from X-COM Collector's Edition. I have that one.

I got this one from your site: "MIDI-AweROMGM.zip" I don't know which game version it is, but I didn't like the flutes suddenly playing one of the tracks. Please tell me which one to get if I'd like the CE version. Thanks for your help Fenyo

Offline Fenyő

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 07:15:27 am »
I would like the Vanilla music from X-COM Collector's Edition. I have that one.

I got this one from your site: "MIDI-AweROMGM.zip" I don't know which game version it is, but I didn't like the flutes suddenly playing one of the tracks. Please tell me which one to get if I'd like the CE version. Thanks for your help Fenyo
The version of "MIDI-AweROMGM.zip" is Windows CE. As ALL of the MIDI related files. But as you may well know, the MIDI is just a bunch of notations. The actual playback of a .MID file depends on what Sound-Effects (SoundFont) is used for the playback.
"MIDI-AweROMGM.zip" is a rendered (converted) file, it does not contain .MID files, it contains .OGG files.
And if you listen it, it will sound very similar if you would play the original .MID files with a Sound Blaster AWE32 SoundCard. (because i used "AweROMGM" SoundFont for the conversion)