Author Topic: [submod] X-Com Files: Elite Commendations (1.0.0)  (Read 675 times)

Offline Kozinsky

• Captain
  • Sorry for my bEd English
    • View Profile
[submod] X-Com Files: Elite Commendations (1.0.0)
« on: February 13, 2024, 02:28:08 pm »
If you have a lot of veteran agents in your game who have some level 10 medals, this submod is for you. It adds "elite" versions of the regular medals, which can be obtained in addition to the regular medals. They have exactly the same characteristic bonuses to agents as the regular medals, but have much higher requirements.
For example, the regular "Death Dealer" medal requires killing a certain number of enemies to get each level of the medal:

Code: [Select]
30, 50, 75, 100, 150, 225, 350, 400, 650, 888And to get the elite medal "Elite Death Dealer" will require killing the following number of enemies for each of its ten levels:

Code: [Select]
1100, 1300, 1500, 1700, 1900, 2150, 2400, 2700, 3000, 3500
This submod also adds elite versions of the medals for the "X-Com Files: Arsenal Additions" submod, as a separate submod. Therefore, if you do not play with "X-Com Files: Arsenal Additions", then simply do not activate the "XCFAA: Elite Commendations". submod.

Requires:
    - OpenXcom Extended any version
      OR Brutal-OXCE any version.
    - The X-Com Files mod any version.
    - optional: The X-Com Files: Arsenal Additions submod any version.

Compatibility:
    - Compatible with all other submods.

Notes:
    - You can activate this submod at any stage of your game.
    - If you are playing with submod "X-Com Files: Arsenal Additions", then in the list of mods place submod "XCFAA: Elite Commendations" below it.

Languages:
    - english (en-US)
    - russian (ru)

Download link:
    - https://mod.io/g/openxcom/m/x-com-files-elite-commendations

If you speak English well, please suggest a more correct translation of the strings that are displayed to the player.

Changelog:
Spoiler:
    1.0.0 (12.02.2024):
Spoiler:
      - Initial release.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 12:32:14 pm by Kozinsky »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [submod] X-Com Files: Elite Commendations (1.0.0)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 02:21:57 pm »
Cool concept. I'd suggest giving them completely new names though, "Elite X" sounds kind of bland.

Offline Kozinsky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 02:55:47 pm »
Cool concept. I'd suggest giving them completely new names though, "Elite X" sounds kind of bland.
New names will require coming up with new descriptions and drawing new pictures. And I'm not an artist.:)
It would be much better if the commendations were not limited to 10 levels, but could go to infinity.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 04:42:09 pm »
Isn't the 10-award limit not just due to decoration images? So you could extend that, and then extend the base commendations as you wish.

Not able to test if it works right now, so not guaranteed to work, but that's what I gathered from the ruleset reference.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 04:48:37 pm »
New names will require coming up with new descriptions and drawing new pictures. And I'm not an artist.:)
It would be much better if the commendations were not limited to 10 levels, but could go to infinity.

I don't mind cooperating, if you're interested. :)

Isn't the 10-award limit not just due to decoration images? So you could extend that, and then extend the base commendations as you wish.

Yeah, but I think that's less artistically satisfying. Dunno.

Offline Kozinsky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2024, 05:26:00 pm »

Not able to test if it works right now, so not guaranteed to work, but that's what I gathered from the ruleset reference.

Thanks, that's just what I need! :)
Just need to draw additional rows of skulls in the "Decorations.png" file for award levels 11 and beyond.

I don't mind cooperating, if you're interested. :)

Thanks, but what I wanted to do was specifically increase the number of levels of existing awards, not create new ones. :)
In my game, agents live a very long time and many of them have already reached the 10th levels of some awards. I was looking for a way to add levels 11, 12 and so on.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2024, 05:40:50 pm »
Don't forget to make the skulls 'l33t'. ;D