Author Topic: Gun Kata requirements?  (Read 810 times)

Offline tris85

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Gun Kata requirements?
« on: February 06, 2024, 03:28:04 pm »
Hey, it seams like I can only "apply" Gun Kata on soldiers not having their max values already. Is this correct? Reading the text I thought it could push their maximum values even by 5%.

But thats just an assumption! To me at least it seams like my maxed soldiers aren't available on the list.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Gun Kata requirements?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 03:38:03 pm »
Gun Kata is mutually exclusive with Blood Boosting; that might be your problem.

Offline tris85

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 05:50:06 pm »
Hmmm .... No, I just have the simple X-Com Bio-Enhancement

Online psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2024, 06:02:37 pm »
Gun Kata certainly shows up for my maxed soldiers (the only enhancement being +5 bonus accuracy, with -10 sanity). The tradeoff is really bad, and I would rather want to see these filtered out. I only apply Gun Kata in a bit later game to newer recruits, so that they get up to speed quicker.

Offline tris85

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2024, 01:00:49 am »
Will sanity become that important (in late game?). Right now ... yeah, you should keep an eye on it! But to me it feels +5 above max accuracy sound pretty good!

Never the less ... so whats the reason I cannot use it?

Offline Stone Lake

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2024, 06:16:51 am »
Maybe, because you already used it for these soldiers.
Maybe because your maxed soldiers are from some submod and don't support the transformation.
If you're really curious, upload your save somewhere and tell which soldiers you think should be able to be gun kate'd.

Offline tris85

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2024, 11:47:42 am »
Erm ... Ok, maybe - but just maybe! - when I wanted to prepare a savegame for you, making it as easy as possible to comprehend, I noticed that my top squad just wasn't in the base but somewhere in a vessel on the globe right now. But just maybe!!  :-X

So let's make it a short discussion about Gun Kata in general now  ::) Will sanity become super important in late game? Never been there (farest so far is Hybrid bases) but to me it feels like: having enough soldiers can compensate it and I'd go with the accuracy?

Offline Stone Lake

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2024, 12:03:35 pm »
You run out of sanity in prolonged / consecutive "this is scary here" missions and through use of psionics. When you do, you regain less TU per turn, for one, for 50% at 0 sanity. If you're playing aggressively, sanity drain is nearly negligible. You can greatly recover sanity with a few hits of nobelon at cost of some health. Thus, sanity is not very important when you know how / don't forget to manage it. And yet, 5 firing accuracy is even less important than 10 sanity, IMO.

Offline PPQ

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2024, 11:59:10 pm »
Honestly the real benefit of all those transformations is that they add up. And once you add them all together AND add on a Helix Knight suddenly you have guys with 70+ equip load without power armor and 130+ accuracy sniping across the map.

Offline tris85

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2024, 10:23:19 pm »
One more question: will Gun Kata even exceed the maximum if it hasn't been reached the time you did that modification with the agent?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2024, 09:07:15 am »
Yes. Gun Kata has two parts: two straight stat boosts constrained by the maximum, which can be reduced to zero because you're already maxed (and these can reduce the absolute maximum a little, since going over the cap during battle is randomised and can result in a bit of an overflow) and an extra that's tacked onto the stats and doesn't care what your current value is. The latter is what 'exceeds the maximum'.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2024, 09:09:05 am by Juku121 »