aliens

Author Topic: Hangar storage  (Read 425 times)

Offline Alpha Centauri Bear

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Hangar storage
« on: January 04, 2024, 04:09:42 pm »
Would you mind explaining the importance of the hangar extra storage capacity? Does it break the game if I set it back to 0?

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_SUB_PEN
    storage: 5 #OXCE bonus because of change in handling craft storage

Offline CrazedHarpooner

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Hangar storage
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2024, 04:25:48 pm »
It won't break the game besides players lacking space for purchasing items until they get a 2nd storage facility up and running. The default storage usage at game start totals to 51 so they will already begin with no room and in fact would need to sell items before buying any. The 5 extra storage units per hangar merely increases the initial storage cap to 65 (50 from a general store + 15 from 3 hangars) giving the player some wiggle room.

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024, 04:40:39 pm »
This is compatibility hack for original UFO, as craft storage is always included to total storage in OXC, this mean OG have more free space than OXC.
To fix it we add some small storage for craft items and weapons to have similar balance as OG.

Offline Alpha Centauri Bear

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024, 04:55:18 pm »
I see. So if I reduced item sizes to let them occupy less space in storage making everything fit - I should be good not using this extra space?
Another option is just to allow another storage at initial base or just increase storage facility capacity.