Author Topic: XPiratez on BrutalAI question.  (Read 968 times)

Offline Ultimoos

• Captain
    • View Profile
XPiratez on BrutalAI question.
« on: January 04, 2024, 12:24:49 pm »
In XPiratez we have some enemies that can scout and snipe at our units. In BrutalAI you can set this option globally to affect all enemies. At least, that is how I understand this.
My question is, can I use BruraAI and still retain XPiratex behavior on scouting and sniping? Would setting "Target behavior for BrutalAI" to "1" completely turn off scouting and sniping?

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: XPiratez on BrutalAI question.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2024, 11:48:20 pm »
It is clearly stated, what BAI can do and cannot.
Setting 1 will allow only units that directly see your troops, to aim and fire.
Setting 2 will make enemies attack only units, which are revealed this particular turn. E.g. when one unit comes close and reveals your positions, pretty much like player, BAI then can attack whenever and however it thinks better for getting to the winning condition. Getting closer to LoS fire, or from deep dark no-LoS, or by melee.

Ok. Now. As far as can get, you want something between setting 1 and setting two, where only part of no-LoS enemies can shoot at you?
If so, go ahead, visit BAI subforum and propose it. Xilmi is opened to suggestion and pays attention to reasonable arguments.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: XPiratez on BrutalAI question.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2024, 11:53:04 pm »
If so, go ahead, visit BAI subforum and propose it. Xilmi is opened to suggestion and pays attention to reasonable arguments.

He's not proposing anything new.
He's just asking for compatibility with existing OXCE features.