Author Topic: Switch bases in base related popups  (Read 326 times)

Offline Alpha Centauri Bear

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Switch bases in base related popups
« on: December 31, 2023, 11:43:59 pm »
Let's start a separate topic about this QoL improvement.

Have a look at this request: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,7715.new.html#new

I would like to extend it a bit in the way that it should be possible to switch bases and do the same operation type in them too. For example, when I see research popup about research done, I can assign scientists to new project not only at this base but at other bases too. Same for manufacture.

Granted, it may not be used very often but there is one case where it is needed. At the mission debriefing it may complain about insufficient transport inventory and propose to manufacture them at the same base. However, it may happen that manufacture takes place at other base and I cannot do this within debriefing. I have to end and then set up manufacture manually. Not very often occurring case, I agree. However, adding ability to check other bases production is not harmful since default will be current base anyway.

Another option is to show base related popups outside of bases as a global operational view. For example, when user click "C" in geoscape they are given a list of research at all bases. We can use something similar when research is done to assign research at any base.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Switch bases in base related popups
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 12:09:51 am »
I would like to extend it a bit in the way that it should be possible to switch bases and do the same operation type in them too. For example, when I see research popup about research done, I can assign scientists to new project not only at this base but at other bases too.

go to suggested base and press C to switch the base

Granted, it may not be used very often but there is one case where it is needed. At the mission debriefing it may complain about insufficient transport inventory and propose to manufacture them at the same base. However, it may happen that manufacture takes place at other base and I cannot do this within debriefing. I have to end and then set up manufacture manually. Not very often occurring case, I agree. However, adding ability to check other bases production is not harmful since default will be current base anyway.

go to suggested base and press P to switch the base

Offline Alpha Centauri Bear

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Switch bases in base related popups
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2024, 01:14:11 am »
Oh, right. I forgot these shortcuts are working within the popup itself. Closing the topic now.