aliens

Author Topic: Brutal-OXCE 9.1.4  (Read 47299 times)

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Brutal-OXCE 9.1.0
« Reply #315 on: July 22, 2024, 05:40:24 pm »
Xilmi, zombies in XCF are not rushing again (aggro = 4 (zombies are Leeroys), intel = 6)
Previously, I reported this issue and you managed to return the original zombie behavior.
Something broke with few releases I skipped playing.

Currently:
- all zombies on map run towards you (regardless if they see directly you or not)
- making some weird moves near your agents (chess positioning + supposed blocking of shoots, which doesn't work for zombies)
- not screaming "GRAWRRRR" as usual in any point of the map
- positioning themselves in anti-grenade pattern with strict spacings between Z's (see screenshots attached).
Turned off "anti-grenade spacing option".

Supposed behavior (can be seen if BAI is turned off):
- only zombies who see or sense you will run towards you.
- when they reach targeted agent, they stand on place and bite. Just bite, not seeking for a weaker spot. 
- make GRAWRRRR scream at the beginning of their turn (each)
- don't care about crowd control. Don't care how many other Zombies are near.

SAV is attached

FYI: Current BAI build makes sense, I enjoy playing with customized units.rul file with inherited stats (both aggro & intel).
Strongly suggest to make mission-to-mission variables not only in the aggression settings, but also in intelligence (see previous message).   
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 01:06:51 am by Abyss »

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 25, 2024, 01:08:25 am »
Report regarding human NPC picking up and using alien plasma weapons.
By lore, only X-COM can do that. And mostly lategame after cracking codes.

Offline zee_ra

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 18, 2024, 12:21:38 am »
@Xilmi

I have some thoughts here https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=10870.msg165711#msg165711, with the interesting part of the thread starting at https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=10870.msg162989#msg162989, about how to slightly adjust the current hangar index system at the BAI.  Ultimately, the system is not bad, but there exists a snag with setting up a production base, which could produce two types of crafts -- space and fighter -- when we maintain distinction between space and fighter crafts (with the space-crafts requiring larger hangars).  The changes necessary should be relatively minimal, and would play very well in line with the current implementation.