Author Topic: Brutal-OXCE 8.6.3  (Read 31395 times)

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Brutal-OXCE 8.6.0
« Reply #300 on: June 10, 2024, 05:43:14 pm »
Maybe try to talk Meridian into implementing your fix… but it’s most probably OXC related, and getting pull request approved there… it’s kinda impossible
My fix is actually more of a workaround and can't really be ported back as I'm using one of my AI's routines to do that. An AI-routine that I've written because the engine seemed to lack a function that had the required functionality anywhere else and it was the AI where I first felt the need for such function. It is based on the logic from int Projectile::calculateThrow(double accuracy).

Technically SupSuper should fix it as you probably could recreate in in base OXC :)
I maybe should do that. And if it's just to hear why he doesn't bother doing it. :o

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Brutal-OXCE 8.6.0
« Reply #301 on: June 10, 2024, 06:28:45 pm »
I maybe should do that. And if it's just to hear why he doesn't bother doing it. :o
As long it do not catastrophically problem (like recent server move) he do not have time to fix bugs.
Its hard to have same amount of free time and motivation to maintain project for over 10 years.

Usually in cases like this, I first fix it on OXC side (if code is not too far to OXCE) and then merge it to OXCE.
But if is too much then I skip OXC and fix OXCE directly.

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Brutal-OXCE 8.6.3
« Reply #302 on: June 21, 2024, 09:13:24 am »
I am outraged that the enemy comes out of a knockout and immediately rushes into battle. I have been knocked out several times and I declare that this is complete nonsense. Once, after a knockout, I didn't understand at all for 5 minutes why I was in the ring, and what they wanted from me. If we equalize the odds, then it would be more correct for everyone to reset tu at the moment of getting out of the knockout.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 21, 2024, 09:40:56 am »
But are you a genetically engineered alien war-creature? :P

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 21, 2024, 10:55:30 am »
But are you a genetically engineered alien war-creature? :P
Including all earthlings from all mods on xcom. When all units immediately engage after a knockout, this raises many more questions than if they had recovered from 0 tu.

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 21, 2024, 04:28:47 pm »

Yeah, probably should have naded him after he fell unconcious.

But do we really miss out on hilarious situations like that?

Offline mutantlord

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 21, 2024, 06:42:43 pm »
Again, no tank support. These guys play like rookies.