Author Topic: What are Some of the Stronger Pre-Guild Stapler Techs?  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Pherdnut

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
What are Some of the Stronger Pre-Guild Stapler Techs?
« on: November 17, 2023, 06:37:25 pm »
I've occasionally had games where it took forever to find a stapler (government agent rescue missions seem like the most reliable source).

Just wondering what some of the stronger non-random no-stapler-yet techs are to shoot for in that scenario. Even with an early stapler it feels like I have an overly long stretch of equipping everybody with a LASS, cattle prod, throwing axes, Hallucinogenic/frag grenades, and a trench gun, maybe some reaper rifles if I land those through gambling or random research. It's a solid swiss army knife until you run into mercs. I'm thinking maybe I should try to round out with strong melee (pikes?) in chainmail for heavier armor  targets.

Is there a stronger pre-stapler interceptor than a piranha? Those seem great until they run into things that can actually hit them.

Offline Iazo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: What are Some of the Stronger Pre-Guild Stapler Techs?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2023, 12:55:03 pm »
All the shadowmasters battery are independent of staplers. You can't do chainmail without stapler.

If you are really hurting for workshop, you should use prizes to fill in blanks. Omega guns are very good.

That said, if you are fighting mers and you do not have a workshop yet, something is VERY wrong.

Offline Pherdnut

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: What are Some of the Stronger Pre-Guild Stapler Techs?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2023, 12:19:41 am »
Yeah I think the mercs were very bad luck on a pogram roll. Not disastrous to retreat from but having so many tech branches blocked that long got old and  I started a new game. Found a wrench and a stapler in the first month, lol. Figured out that the staplers on gov agent missions I've been finding are on that fallen agent tile unique to the mission type so it's a mission and not environment thing.

Haven't tried the omegas yet. Surface stats must not do them justice. I'm finding RPG/HEAT is my go-to for best early armor option. One-hits cars, tanks, discs pretty reliably with the armor reduction. Lots of LASSes in backpacks before that.