aliens

Author Topic: [Suggestion] Show allowed craft in mission details  (Read 383 times)

Offline DSeyka

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] Show allowed craft in mission details
« on: November 06, 2023, 11:03:34 am »
Currently there is no way for user to know what type of craft is allowed to go on a mission aside from trying to send an invalid one (as seen in screen002.jpg).
Proposition is to show allowed craft in this window (screen003.png), e.g. by pressing "Allowed outfits" twice it would change to "Allowed craft" and then go back to mission description. Alternatively, the button could be renamed to "Limitations", "Constraints" or something similar and list them all (specific gear warning, allowed outfits and allowed craft) in one text window.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 11:06:10 am by DSeyka »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Show allowed craft in mission details
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 12:41:32 pm »
I'm not against it.
But I also don't see any real benefit in it.

Can be done, if there's more votes/demand for it.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Show allowed craft in mission details
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2023, 12:55:39 pm »
Now that you mention it, this is one of my pet peeves as well.

In the specific case of XCF, I will usually just check the rulesets (or the ruleset-based interface at xcf.trigramreactor.net) for potential restrictions on all the special missions. In XCF this is far from obvious (for example, some undercover missions allow a helicopter while a few do not - not sure if this is intentional; 'slander' missions intentionally allow you to use just the slowest possible transports to never get there in time).

Looking for this information outside the game works for me (at least for this mod that has such an easy interface), but I'd certainly vote for a real game GUI to display this if it can be easily accomplished to make this much easier for everyone.

By the way, if this is improved, I why not also show 'Forbidden soldier types' and 'Allowed item categories' strings on this screen (whether all of them or just the ones researched). You could just show all the 'Allowed crafts' strings, or just those that you have researched at this point (like in the popup now).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 01:01:19 pm by psavola »