Author Topic: [Suggestion] Monthly hidden Random Encounters scattered over the globe.  (Read 544 times)

Offline mutantlord

• Captain
    • View Profile
Last feature I want to suggest, please reply if possible.

I had always wanted to allow random encounters for craft while on patrol or intercepting a ufo.

These Encounters are full mission sites, randomly generated each month.

I wonder what are the best (hacked) solution to enable them?

Solutions:
1) Hidden (landed) UFOs, modded with large trigger radius, scattered over the globe. Interception
screen is ignored when Craft encounter such ufo and it will go straight into the Battlescape mission.

2) Invisible Alien bases/Terror sites modded with large trigger radius, if the craft fly pass one of these base, it will trigger a mission alert and it will go straight into the Battlescape mission.

Please advise if or which feature is easy to do, reject or allow. Thank you
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 12:27:51 pm by nooblord »

Offline mutantlord

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Monthly hidden Random Encounters scattered over the globe.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 04:24:28 pm »
Any update on a feedback about this feature request is feasible to implement?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2023, 04:59:38 pm »
It is feasible.

Offline mutantlord

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2023, 07:02:14 pm »
Thank you very much for replying. There are a lot of feature requests made here on this forum. Some are a lot harder to implement than others.

I understood a feature request can only be granted depending on your time and the number of other modders voting a yes for it.

I have no expectation that this will ever be granted. It is good enough to know and my only purpose in seeking for a reply, is to understand that it can be done.

For some feature request are not possible due to coding complexity.  In that case, it is futile to request it anyway. However, I have to ask the question because I am not a programmer. I have to understand that it is impossible to make it happen. So I know that it is no point in pushing for something that it is too hard and impossible.

Offline mutantlord

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2023, 07:05:10 pm »
I ask that this feature request of mine have upmost priority over the others I had requested. It is a game changer in a game.