Author Topic: [Suggestion] Option to disable "Hidden Movement"  (Read 746 times)

Offline Arctic

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] Option to disable "Hidden Movement"
« on: September 11, 2023, 02:16:20 pm »
Sometimes the "Hidden Movement" screen can flash rapidly, which is uncomfortable to watch and can trigger epileptic symptoms. I'd like an option to disable the screen. Considering that you would not be able to see the hidden movement anyway, I think it would be okay.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Option to disable "Hidden Movement"
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2023, 02:57:38 pm »
Whole point of this flashes is that you SEE enemy and ignoring it will cause you lose very important information that could mean defeat if you do not have it.

Only correct handling of this could be simply reduce frequency of switching between visible/invisible moments (like skipping enemies that only show for less than second), but this will require lot of change to correctly track this data and avoid corner cases.

Offline Arctic

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 03:43:19 am »
You could still hear their footsteps, though, couldn't you?

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2023, 11:59:17 am »
Footsteps will give you noting if you do not know from what side enemy is approaching.
Not mentioning that when you see glimpse of enemy you can blind fire into his last position.

I think simpler and easier solution would be not show this "Hidden Movement" popup and allow player to look all the time on last position
when last alien was seen (camera will not move unit moving unit is see again). This will reduce "flashing" a lot.

Offline Arctic

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2023, 04:10:02 pm »
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Offline Zesty

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2023, 04:08:11 pm »
This would be a nice feature. The Hidden Movement screen doesn't really add anything to the game, and becomes especially annoying when an enemy is firing multiple times and hidden movement pops up between each shot. I don't have any problem with the flashing being uncomfortable but it does still make it harder to read what's going on compared to just seeing the battlescape at all times.