Author Topic: Interceptor option to desync weapons.  (Read 2863 times)

Offline SeanEBlog

• Sergeant
  • https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=1266.0
    • View Profile
Interceptor option to desync weapons.
« on: May 16, 2013, 03:00:49 am »
I suggest that in the advanced options menu, we add the option to "Desync matching armaments".

What this would do when enabled, is add a fifty percent loading delay to the initial shot on second craft weapon if both are or the same type. So if you had 2 laser cannons, they would fire one after another instead of both firing at the same time.

This would remove the ambiguity regrading whether if both weapons hit or if just one hit.

A note for coders: Make sure you make it so that the initial second weapon shot delay is reset should the player click the "stand off" button.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Interceptor option to desync weapons.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 03:08:35 am »
not a bad idea, although i might point out that we added functionality to the dogfight window so you can click on the weapon icons to turn them on or off. so you can set up asynchronous fire manually by disabling weapon 2 until halfway through weapon 1's reload cycle.

Offline SeanEBlog

• Sergeant
  • https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=1266.0
    • View Profile
Re: Interceptor option to desync weapons.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 05:15:49 am »
"Asynchronous", I knew their was an antonym, but I couldn't think of it. Well anyway, now that I've had time to think about it, I've decided to reword my suggestion.

"Prevent simultaneous armament fire"
"Should 2 armaments for the same interceptor reload at the same time, the second weapon will delay its next shot by 50 percent."

For a coding point of view, that should bypass the need to reset the weapon delay every time the weapons have a chance to sync. Granted I know nothing of C++ but still.