Author Topic: Save Civilians When Abandoning Mission?  (Read 982 times)

Offline ducanishah

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Save Civilians When Abandoning Mission?
« on: July 16, 2023, 11:21:11 pm »
Is there, or could there theoretically be, any way to save civilians even when abandoning a mission?
When there are civilians right next to the car, I wish I could just throw them in and take them with me when I abort mission. (On an overwhelming early game strange creature mission, for example)

I don’t know anything about the backend, but in my head it would be some kind of incredibly heavy item that couldn’t be thrown (guaranteeing it’s only used near the vehicle, because you move incredibly slowly with it), that would despawn the civilian and make it count as saving them.
That, or maybe it turned them into a heavy two-handed item you had to take back to the car, and that would count as saving them if you left with the “civilian” item in your craft inventory.

I’m certain being thrown in the trunk isn’t fun, but I’d certainly pick it over getting eaten by giant spiders!

I have no idea how feasible this is, but it I believe it would be fun to race against the encroaching monsters to save some civilians, trying to get as many out as you can before you ditch the mission.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: Save Civilians When Abandoning Mission?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2023, 07:10:20 am »
I believe that would be a new engine functionality request.

Also, I have doubts about the player being able to rescue meaningful amounts of civilians from all over the map when they cannot actually win said map. IMO, it's usually harder to do that than just killing all the enemies.

Offline Kozinsky

• Captain
  • Sorry for my bEd English
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2023, 10:05:30 am »
You could try to stun them with a taser or other stun weapon, then they could be loaded into the agent's inventory and carried to the trunk. This might work, but need to test this idea in game.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2023, 10:40:47 am »
While it might seem sensible, this is not something you can do in OXC(E).

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2023, 03:37:36 pm »
Yeah, I think this request would be more suited for the OXCE subforum, it's not something that is down to the mod.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 11:02:09 pm by krautbernd »

Offline sudtrap

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2023, 10:35:09 pm »
I've totally done that before. I've rescued civilians and ran away. I also usually try to rescue dead team mates bodies before escaping when feasible.