Author Topic: Using a gamepad to play  (Read 634 times)

Offline Xcomfanatic

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Using a gamepad to play
« on: October 01, 2023, 08:25:49 pm »
Purest get triggered, but I would like it if openxcom ufo defense could be controlled with a gamepad instead of a keyboard and mouse input. I play the Playstation one for this feature alone more because of it. I personally think it is more comfortable, probably because I am more a console gamer than PC.

Is it possible to have an option for a Playstation gamepad layout to have its buttons mapped for certain functions? For example:

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Using a gamepad to play
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2023, 09:23:51 pm »
That is beyond my knowledge and skills.

Sorry.

Offline Flaubert

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2023, 08:54:19 pm »
Purest get triggered, but I would like it if openxcom ufo defense could be controlled with a gamepad instead of a keyboard and mouse input. I play the Playstation one for this feature alone more because of it. I personally think it is more comfortable, probably because I am more a console gamer than PC.

Is it possible to have an option for a Playstation gamepad layout to have its buttons mapped for certain functions? For example:
If you're going to play with a PC, there are a lot of applications which maps keypad buttons to keyboard keys so, when you use your keypad, programs receive the corresponding mapped keyboard entries.

In Windows, STEAM has an integrated Controller configuration feature.  If you don't use Steam, you can try some other like Antimicro (https://github.com/AntiMicroX/antimicrox). And there are many others out there.

Offline Xcomfanatic

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 08:39:43 am »
Interesting. But my problem seems to be more complex, since I don't play the game on a Windows OS. I'm playing the game on an android device using oxce. Anything similar for android users of the game?