Author Topic: Do we have a community region file?  (Read 849 times)

Offline Teirdalin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Do we have a community region file?
« on: May 29, 2023, 04:10:49 am »
You know, just like an ultimate regions rule that numerous people contributed to in order to save many, many hours of filling out all sorts of cities around the world?  Been using ChatGPT to help move coordinates around, but it's just a struggle checking between google maps, chatGPT, region file, launching the game again, repeat.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Do we have a community region file?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2023, 01:34:06 pm »
Are you asking about regions or cities?

For cities, first it should be noted that there are several Earth maps floating around, with slightly different landmass shapes. This means that cities also need to be adjusted at times.

If you're simply looking for a shortcut, I have no issue if you just copy the setting from my mod X-Com Files, planet and all; just keep in mind that I added one extra texture (for South America desert), so make sure to also copy that or edit the globe. XCF has a lot of cities.
(Let me know if you need more in-depth instructions.)

If you're asking about regions, then it's a different subject (global areas where mission start/happen), but I've done a lot of work on it too and can share it.

Offline Teirdalin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Do we have a community region file?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 03:35:36 pm »
Thanks Solarius, yeah I was just wanting some sort of reference for city locations to make the globe less empty, I'll check what you got.