Author Topic: More diverse soldiers for vanilla openxcom?  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Atreides

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
More diverse soldiers for vanilla openxcom?
« on: June 09, 2023, 02:17:09 am »
Hi there!

New here, I was doing some finding in the mods database in mod.io and despite its full of great and superb mods I cannot find one about more soldiers variation. I don't mind a character customization but something like hairs, skins and maybe a few head variations. Does such mod even exist?

Thank you!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: More diverse soldiers for vanilla openxcom?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 03:45:43 am »
If you want to have more than 8 faces, you need OXCE.

With OXCE, it's possible, but the result won't be compatible with any other mods that add new armours.

Offline Atreides

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 01:35:35 pm »
If you want to have more than 8 faces, you need OXCE.

With OXCE, it's possible, but the result won't be compatible with any other mods that add new armours.

Apologies I forgot to mention I just want to play the vanilla game with no mods except for the face mods I mentioned. Does OXCE includes them? If I am correct OXCE is just an engine mod for xcom.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2023, 01:54:18 pm »
Apologies I forgot to mention I just want to play the vanilla game with no mods except for the face mods I mentioned. Does OXCE includes them? If I am correct OXCE is just an engine mod for xcom.

Yes, it's a form of X-Com with many additional features. One of these features is having more than 8 soldier faces. But you would still need to make the graphic and add them in the code.

I don't know if it's a solution that suits you, but I can suggest using my Final Mod Pack together with the Final Mod Pack Extended addon (and the OXCE program, of course). This will give you a lot more faces, but also some additional content, like new aliens and weapons.

Offline Atreides

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2023, 05:35:48 pm »
Yes, it's a form of X-Com with many additional features. One of these features is having more than 8 soldier faces. But you would still need to make the graphic and add them in the code.

I don't know if it's a solution that suits you, but I can suggest using my Final Mod Pack together with the Final Mod Pack Extended addon (and the OXCE program, of course). This will give you a lot more faces, but also some additional content, like new aliens and weapons.

Oh, I remember to see that mod in the mod section. I will give it a try and check it out!.

Thank you very much for the help!