Author Topic: [MOD] MedBay  (Read 3285 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [MOD] MedBay
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2023, 02:48:01 pm »
I already gave you permission to use the mod, you can rename the facility however you like - this was just in reply to Juku's "but the sickbay also doesn't cover XYZ".

Right, thank you. I just wanted to provide some background in case you really don't like it.

???

I meant to say that I am not against giving this facility some Sanity recovery, hypothetically. But I am not convinced either.

Also, attaching an updated sprite (by Brain).

EDIT: Integration with the main mod complete. The only change I made was decreasing research time, since you need to research all its components separately anyway.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 03:43:34 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2023, 11:02:27 pm »
EDIT: Integration with the main mod complete. The only change I made was decreasing research time, since you need to research all its components separately anyway.

Yay I did a contribution :D

Do you have any plans on integrating more uses for what are otherwise "junk" items? I think at least the multitool and welder could be meaningfully integrated into other advanced facilities. Or at least have some additional use beside being one-time research objects.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2023, 03:55:11 am »
Yay I did a contribution :D

I'm also very happy about it. :)

Do you have any plans on integrating more uses for what are otherwise "junk" items? I think at least the multitool and welder could be meaningfully integrated into other advanced facilities. Or at least have some additional use beside being one-time research objects.

If you have any suggestions, I'm open.
Maybe make a drone chassis with a built-in repair kit?

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2023, 04:44:48 pm »
Any use for otherwise junk items would be fine, but I was thinking more along the lines of existing facilities. Currently the improved lab requires elerium and alloys, and the advanced lab requires elerium as well as power sources and navigation. Given how plentiful elerium is and what other uses it already has this seems a bit redundant, especially for the advanced lab (as elerium is already used for constructing power sources), and both navigation and power sources already have other uses. It's also not quite clear to me what purpose all that raw elerium serves.

I think alien multitools and alloy welders might be of better use, given that we are working with alien tech. Lore-wise, trying to reverse-engineer this tech might be a lot easier if X-COM had the tools used to maintain said tech, wouldn't it? The sensorium (and PSI amp as far as items are concernded) is another example where the building materials approximately match the in-game lore/use of the facility. None of these materials are really all that rare to impact player progression, but they add a lore-friendly use for them to make them more than junk items. Large workshops / Tritanium Matrix might be additional facilities that might make use of alloy welders.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 04:48:56 pm by krautbernd »

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2023, 10:51:04 pm »
Speaking of improving facilities, it definitely should be possible to upgrade drone bays to a newer version (e.g. minigun -> laser) so that you don't need to trash the previous one first.