aliens

Author Topic: [Suggestion/Y-Scripts?] Custom Ways to grant Commendations?  (Read 741 times)

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
[Suggestion/Y-Scripts?] Custom Ways to grant Commendations?
« on: April 02, 2023, 03:38:36 pm »
I started playing around with combat drugs a bit.
One thing I try to solve is to show in geoscape who has a drug addiction and who doesn't. A clear contender is a (temporary) commendation/soldierBonus.
My suggestion right now would be to add a tagCriteria to the commendations:
Code: [Select]
commendations:
  - type: STR_DRUG_ADDICTION
    tagCriteria:
      -
        - [10, ["GEOSCAPE_SOLDIER_TAG_DRUG_ADDICTION"]]

Then I could determine via scripting to increment/decrement that geoscapeSoldier tag's value and therefore make it visible to the player who is currently addicted and will suffer a stat loss at the beginning of the mission till either cold turkey is successful or another combat drug is consumed.

There are probably more elegant solutions than having to click multiple buttons in the soldier screen or recolor/selectUnitSprite which only work in battleScape. If you got completely different ideas, I am all ears.

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion/Y-Scripts?] Custom Ways to grant Commendations?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2023, 04:40:58 pm »
Yeah, having something like combat scars system, or damage from XCOM 2 LWoTC would be cool, and geoscape soldier tags are the best place to use it.
AFAIK, in current realizations there is no way to use geoscape soldier tag other than battlescape long-term effects.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion/Y-Scripts?] Custom Ways to grant Commendations?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2023, 05:06:26 pm »
"temporary" could be hardest part there probably, is even possible now to lose commendation?