aliens

Author Topic: "Submod" Items Only Active When in Proper Slots  (Read 886 times)

Offline MaxMahem

• Captain
    • View Profile
"Submod" Items Only Active When in Proper Slots
« on: March 12, 2023, 08:34:17 am »
So I can't rightly call this a submod... yet. For the moment, it needs some minor manual adjustments to the base mod to function.

What this mod does is uses a new script to have various passive items (Like gasmasks and shields) only be active while they are in the proper slot. That is the hand or the head, as appropriate. At the same time, restrictions on item placement have been loosened so these items can be placed in your belt backpack or otherwise when you do not need them. I found this most useful for the shotgun shield, which can fit nicely in the 2x2 belt slot when not in use.

For now, I have restricted functionality in this mod to items whose use location is self-evident and which could be easily removed or put on in the field. Primarily hats and shields. The basic principles present could apply to any item. Included is a YAML file with possible rules for most of the passive items in the game. You can include these at your preference.

This also patches some minor "bugs" such as Ninja Fans having their resistance effect regardless of the location they are in.

To use this "submod" put it in the mod folder, like any other mod. Then go into "Piratez\Ruleset\Yankes_Scripts.rul" and do the following:
  around about line 3123 add the following line
Code: [Select]
- new: ITEM_RESISTANCE_SCRIPTdirectly above where it says "- offset 3"
remove the "-" and correct the spacing so that the "o" in offset is in line with the "n" in new.

around about line 3785 add the following line
Code: [Select]
- new: ITEM_STUNMORALENERGY_SCRIPTdirectly above where it says "- offset 4"
again remove the "-" and correct the spacing so that the "o" in offset is in line with the "n" in new.

Activate the mod and that's it, enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 02:46:28 pm by MaxMahem »