Author Topic: Modders, Players, Overchoice. How to best deal with it?  (Read 2944 times)

Offline Xilmi

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Modders, Players, Overchoice. How to best deal with it?
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2023, 11:07:15 am »
It would have worked with my old spotter-logic. But my new one doesn't check for whether individuals currently see something. It works. "Has anyone seen something in this move?"

But then again, I could also bring back the previous logic, that just iterates over the units, checks whether they are eligible as spotters and then consider the units as spotted or not. So actually it wouldn't be much of a difficult problem after all.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: Modders, Players, Overchoice. How to best deal with it?
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2023, 12:16:52 pm »
To be completely honest, I'd like this to apply to X-Com as well. The BAI already applies to player units, but there's nothing to designate them as spotters or snipers. Well, most X-Com soldiers should be both, but I could see some excepions like dogs (or rats :D ). Squadsight is about the biggest mechanical advantage the player has, and compounds with pretty much every other advantage.

But that's largely my own selfish desires. If it (or at least the alien part) looks easy enough to include in BAI, I'd appreciate it. If not, well, I still admire what you're doing with the AI.