aliens

Author Topic: [Submod] Tactical Dog Armor  (Read 1425 times)

Offline JDCollie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
[Submod] Tactical Dog Armor
« on: March 09, 2023, 12:09:16 pm »

Thought I'd give my named doggos a bit better chance on the battlefield. The inventory art is atrocious. I'm not sorry.

That being said, I learned a lot making this. If there are errors, let me know and I'll do my best to fix them without making more. I'm still very, very new to both spriting and coding, so it'll be pretty rough.

Code: [Select]
Changelog:
1.1 - Fixed the Energy and PsiDefense bugs
1.0 - Release
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 10:58:47 pm by JDCollie »

Offline MaxMahem

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [Submod] Tactical Dog Armor
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 09:39:10 am »
This is genius, and I'm upset I didn't think of it!

Offline JDCollie

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2023, 01:55:23 am »
This is genius, and I'm upset I didn't think of it!
I was genuinely surprised it hadn't been done already. So less genius and more I just happened to be the first person to get around to it I think.

Also, I totally used your Nekomini Hover Armor to help me understand how the .rul files worked, so thanks for that :D

Offline MaxMahem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2023, 11:06:22 am »
Also, I totally used your Nekomini Hover Armor to help me understand how the .rul files worked, so thanks for that :D

Cheers!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2023, 06:26:12 pm »
Ideas are cheap and easy (dog armors have been proposed since forever, and even implemented in XCF, although sprites are incompatible).
It's doing the work what counts, and selecting a good idea from a bad one. Congratulations on both fronts. Very good, and you also set up architecture for colored dogs, respect for going that extra mile.
Mod merged, thank you. This is a major step towards making dogs a full fledged race and removal of unnamed dogs.
If there are any brave souls for making colored dogs, it will be easy now for me to implement them :)