Author Topic: Alien Alloy Welder?  (Read 2258 times)

Offline Robotjukebox

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Alien Alloy Welder?
« on: March 03, 2023, 02:32:09 am »
Anyone know a good way to get one? Currently need it to progress to more advanced researcher.
I’ve open like 160 Reinforced Osiron Crate and not one as dropped.

I need to start to get getting into laser weapons my pea shooters don’t do much against Mutant  :'( :'(

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Alien Alloy Welder?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 02:40:21 am »
What do you mean "progress to a more advanced researcher"? Recruitment of chief researcher/engineer doesn't require the alloy welder iirc.

Whatever you need it for, alloy welder are carried by alien engineers.

Offline Robotjukebox

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 04:48:16 am »
Right now i'm about mid game and i need the welder as my last requirment for "percise alloy shaping" to then get things like the "improved laboratory (needed for other tech) etc.." so im just kinda stuck right now with real progression until i find one. 

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2023, 11:23:19 am »
Again, they tend to be carried by alien engineers.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2023, 02:38:03 pm »
You might be missing Alien engineering
Here is the tree
https://xcf.trigramreactor.net/master/article/STR_ALIEN_ALLOY_WELDER

I need to start to get getting into laser weapons my pea shooters don’t do much against Mutant  :'( :'(

Look into the Black Ops Auto sniper rifle. Typically 3 autoshots will make then take a long nap.

You can post a save game file I'll try to look at it for you.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 02:42:14 pm by Chuckebaby »

Offline Robotjukebox

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2023, 07:16:35 pm »
@Chuckebaby @krautbernd  Thanks for the info!

Yeah i just checked i do have "alien engineering" researched. Dropped the save file anyways if you want to take a peak. (I do have X-com Files Alternative Art and X-Com X-Files Resound Mod so not sure if that will effect save)

Guess ill have to shoot down more UFO'S

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2023, 01:18:02 am »
@Chuckebaby @krautbernd  Thanks for the info!

Yeah i just checked i do have "alien engineering" researched. Dropped the save file anyways if you want to take a peak. (I do have X-com Files Alternative Art and X-Com X-Files Resound Mod so not sure if that will effect save)

Guess ill have to shoot down more UFO'S

Just downloaded it, I'll take a look in a bit and get back to you soon

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2023, 11:42:25 am »
Such things can also be "procured" from Osiron, but it's highly random. Still, winning as many Osiron missions as possible is very beneficial, especially in late early and early mid game.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2023, 02:03:40 pm »
Solarius is right, it's probably Orison missions and possibly crates that need to be opened as well.

You have a lot going on here= 4 manors, 2 Embacy's and 2 colony's (and a Golden tower academy). You already had one bad month and this one isn't looking any better.

Here's what I did:
- I fixed your score from last month and gave you a boost for this month. This shall keep you going for a bit.
- I gave 2 of your soldiers boosted stats (Super soldiers) Ji Yo + Ye Jun Mo.
- Your 2 super soldiers have now been equipped with Black Ops Auto Sniper Rifles (You have only 2 rifles and 50 clips).

This is cheating no doubt, but I've been in this position before and it sucks. This game can be ruthless sometimes (which is actually half the fun) but sometimes a little boost can get you by. Use your 2 snipers (Super soldiers) wisely. For when your pinned down from an enemy's sniper fire. This should get you through these 4 manors.

This is simply a boost to keep you rolling

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2023, 02:14:58 pm »
Solarius is right, it's probably Orison missions and possibly crates that need to be opened as well.

I’ve open like 160 Reinforced Osiron Crate and not one as dropped.

Why not just cheat in an actual alloy welder while you're at it? At this point it doesn't really matter, does it?

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2023, 04:43:07 pm »
Why not just cheat in an actual alloy welder while you're at it? At this point it doesn't really matter, does it?

You seem to be visibly upset in a lot of the threads here giving slightly condescending responses.
IDK, maybe it's just me.

Anyway, I'd rather see him get the Alien welder himself, trouble is, his save game file.. he has a lot to tackle. Including opening 3 more Orison crates (one that contains Synth skins/for synth suit) which could potentially really help his efforts.

You can always download the file and do it yourself if you wish ? Or continue criticizing others for trying to help.
Honestly, either way, doesn't really bother me much.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2023, 05:51:03 pm »
You seem to be visibly upset in a lot of the threads here giving slightly condescending responses.
IDK, maybe it's just me.

Anyway, I'd rather see him get the Alien welder himself, trouble is, his save game file.. he has a lot to tackle. Including opening 3 more Orison crates (one that contains Synth skins/for synth suit) which could potentially really help his efforts.

You can always download the file and do it yourself if you wish ? Or continue criticizing others for trying to help.
Honestly, either way, doesn't really bother me much.
No it doesn't, at least not the file you edited and uploaded becasue you changed the RNG. That is, if OP is even playing with save scumming disabled. It's a moot poin to make either way.

Again, why not simply cheat in the welder as well while you're at it? OP hasn't asked for you to give him super soldiers with auto rifles or fix his score either.

OP asked how to get the welder.  You are not "trying to help", you are trying to "fix" OPs ongoing game without actually solving the problem. And how is you telling him that he needs "to open Osiron crates" even helping when he's stated in his initial post that he has openend over a hundred of those already?

That's what I am ciritcizing you for. And please tell me more about how this doesn't "bother you" while going out of your way to complain about it.

OP has asked how to get the welder. OP has been told how to get the welder. Do you need me to point out to you who told him where to get the welder while you are complaining about me critizing others "for trying to help"?

« Last Edit: March 04, 2023, 05:52:46 pm by krautbernd »

Offline plainer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2023, 06:05:13 pm »
If I'm not mistaken, the welder often is lying in Cyberweb plants. And much less often in Cyberweb sewers.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2023, 06:35:05 pm »
No it doesn't, at least not the file you edited and uploaded becasue you changed the RNG. That is, if OP is even playing with save scumming disabled. It's a moot poin to make either way.

Again, why not simply cheat in the welder as well while you're at it? OP hasn't asked for you to give him super soldiers with auto rifles or fix his score either.

OP asked how to get the welder.  You are not "trying to help", you are trying to "fix" OPs ongoing game without actually solving the problem. And how is you telling him that he needs "to open Osiron crates" even helping when he's stated in his initial post that he has openend over a hundred of those already?

That's what I am ciritcizing you for. And please tell me more about how this doesn't "bother you" while going out of your way to complain about it.

OP has asked how to get the welder. OP has been told how to get the welder. Do you need me to point out to you who told him where to get the welder while you are complaining about me critizing others "for trying to help"?

Rather than making this thread about you or I, why not just help the member instead.

If you don't approve of my help, I'm not going to lose sleep about over it. Feel free and unlock the "Alien welder" and help him out.
Would probably be more productive than you and I arguing about it.

This forum could use more members, not less members. Being friendly and less confrontational would help grow a healthy community.

Who here wants to help members with their problems... when they are attacked by other members for giving that help ? No one.
That is the type of thing that drives people away.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2023, 07:15:50 pm »
Rather than making this thread about you or I, why not just help the member instead.

If you don't approve of my help, I'm not going to lose sleep about over it. Feel free and unlock the "Alien welder" and help him out.
Would probably be more productive than you and I arguing about it.

I already answered OP's question - in the first post in this thread.

Stop projecting, and stop claiming things that are counterfactual, like this "not really bothering you much", or you actually removing - instead of "adding" - synthskin to those Osiron crates.